When planning a move from Kentucky to Delaware, there are several things to consider. Here are a few:
- Distance: Kentucky and Delaware are approximately 660 miles apart, which means you’ll need to plan for a long-distance move.
- Moving company: You’ll want to research and select a reputable moving company that offers services for long-distance moves. Make sure to read reviews, compare quotes, and ask for references.
- Cost: The cost of your move will depend on several factors, including the distance, the weight of your belongings, and any additional services you require.
- Timing: Consider the time of year you plan to move, as weather conditions can affect the safety of your belongings during transport.
- Packing: You’ll want to pack your belongings securely to ensure they don’t get damaged during transit. Consider using professional packing services if you’re concerned about packing properly.
- Utilities: Don’t forget to disconnect and reconnect your utilities, including water, electricity, and gas.
- Change of address: Make sure to update your address with the post office, banks, credit card companies, and any other relevant organizations.
- Driver’s license and vehicle registration: If you’re moving to Delaware permanently, you’ll need to transfer your driver’s license and vehicle registration within 60 days of moving.
- Housing: Make sure to secure housing in Delaware before you move, whether that’s renting or buying a home.
- Schools: If you have children, research the schools in the area where you plan to live to ensure they meet your family’s needs.
Average Cost Of Moving From Kentucky To Delaware
The cost of moving from Kentucky to Delaware can vary depending on various factors such as the distance, amount of belongings, and additional services needed.
According to various online calculators, the average cost of moving a 3-bedroom house from Kentucky to Delaware can range from $3,500 to $8,000. However, this is just an estimate and the actual cost may be higher or lower based on the factors mentioned earlier.
To get a more accurate estimate, it’s best to contact moving companies directly and request quotes based on your specific needs. This will help you get a better understanding of the cost and what services are included. It’s also important to research the reputation and reviews of the moving companies you are considering to ensure they are reliable and trustworthy.
Movers From Kentucky To Delaware
There are many moving companies that offer services from Kentucky to Delaware. Some of the most popular ones include:
- U-Haul: U-Haul is a well-known moving company that offers a variety of services, including truck rentals, moving supplies, and storage solutions. They have locations throughout Kentucky and Delaware, making it easy to find a convenient location for your move.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a national moving company that has been in business for over 90 years. They offer a range of moving services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage solutions. They have offices in several cities in Kentucky and Delaware.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is another national moving company that has been in business for over 85 years. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage solutions. They have offices in several cities in Kentucky and Delaware.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a well-known moving company that has been in business for over 90 years. They offer a range of moving services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage solutions. They have offices in several cities in Kentucky and Delaware.
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that specializes in local and long-distance moves. They have locations throughout Kentucky and Delaware, making it easy to find a convenient location for your move. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage solutions.
Cheapest Way To Move From Kentucky To Delaware
The cheapest way to move from Kentucky to Delaware depends on several factors, such as the amount of belongings you have, your budget, and your preferred mode of transportation. However, here are some cost-effective options to consider:
- Renting a moving truck: Renting a moving truck and driving it yourself is usually the cheapest option for long-distance moves. You can save money by packing and loading your items yourself, and you’ll only have to pay for gas and the rental fee. Compare prices from different truck rental companies to find the best deal.
- Hiring a portable storage container: Portable storage container companies like PODS and U-Pack can deliver a container to your home, which you can pack at your own pace. Once you’re finished, they’ll pick it up and transport it to your new home in Delaware. This option can be cheaper than hiring a full-service moving company since you’re doing the packing and loading yourself.
- Hiring a freight moving company: Freight moving companies like ABF Freight and Estes SureMove specialize in moving large shipments of household goods long distances. They’ll drop off a trailer at your home, which you can pack yourself. Once you’re done, they’ll pick it up and deliver it to your new home in Delaware. This option can be cheaper than hiring a full-service moving company since you’re doing the packing and loading yourself.
- Hiring a full-service moving company: While a full-service moving company will be more expensive than the options above, it can still be cost-effective if you’re moving a large household or have limited time to pack and load. Get several quotes from reputable moving companies to compare prices and find the best deal.
Regardless of which option you choose, make sure to budget for additional expenses such as gas, tolls, packing supplies, and insurance.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Kentucky To Delaware
The time it takes to move from Kentucky to Delaware depends on various factors such as the distance, mode of transportation, the amount of belongings being moved, and the route taken. The driving distance between Kentucky and Delaware is approximately 700 miles, and it would take about 11-12 hours to drive without traffic. However, if you hire a moving company to transport your belongings, the time it takes will depend on their schedule and route. Typically, it can take anywhere from 2-7 days for a moving company to deliver your belongings from Kentucky to Delaware, depending on the distance, weather, and other factors.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?