Pros of moving to Delaware include:
- Access to major cities: Delaware is located near major cities such as Philadelphia and Baltimore, which offer many job opportunities, cultural activities, and entertainment options.
- Access to beaches: Delaware is home to many beaches, such as Rehoboth and Lewes, which offer many opportunities for outdoor activities such as swimming, sunbathing, and fishing.
- Low crime rate: Delaware has a relatively low crime rate compared to other states, making it a safe place to live.
- Access to good education: Delaware has a number of highly-ranked public and private universities and colleges, which can provide great educational opportunities for students and families.
- Access to scenic countryside: Delaware has a lot of natural beauty and scenic countryside, which offers a peaceful and tranquil environment.
Cons of moving to Delaware include:
- High cost of living: Delaware has a relatively high cost of living, particularly in major cities such as Wilmington and Dover, which can make it difficult to afford housing and other necessities.
- Limited cultural diversity: Delaware is relatively homogeneous in terms of culture and ethnicity, so if you’re looking for a more diverse community, it may not be the best fit.
- Political and social issues: Delaware is a politically and socially divided state and may not be ideal for those looking for a more progressive community.
- Limited public transportation options: Delaware may not have as many public transportation options as other states, which can make it difficult to get around without a car.
- Limited job opportunities in certain areas: Some rural areas of the state may have limited job opportunities, which can make it difficult to find employment.
- High state taxes: Delaware has some of the highest state taxes in the country, which can make it more difficult to afford living expenses.
- Limited access to certain services: Some areas of the state may have limited access to certain services, such as healthcare and education, which can be a concern for some people.
- Weather: Delaware can experience hot and humid summers, which can be uncomfortable for some people.
- Traffic: Delaware has some of the worst traffic in the country, particularly in major cities, which can make commutes longer and more stressful.
- Development: Delaware’s rapid development and population growth in recent years has caused increased traffic, and also strain on services such as healthcare and education.