Moving from Washington to Oregon can be a great move, especially if you enjoy outdoor activities and a more laid-back lifestyle. Here are some things to consider when planning your move:
- Cost of living: The cost of living in Oregon is generally higher than in Washington, especially in the Portland metro area. Housing prices, in particular, can be quite expensive.
- Climate: The climate in Oregon is generally milder and wetter than in Washington. Summers are usually warm and dry, while winters can be quite rainy.
- Employment: Oregon has a diverse economy, with a mix of agriculture, manufacturing, technology, and tourism. Major employers include Intel, Nike, and Columbia Sportswear.
- Outdoor activities: Oregon is known for its abundant outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, skiing, and surfing. If you enjoy spending time outdoors, Oregon may be a great place for you.
- Culture: Oregon has a unique culture, with a focus on sustainability, artisanal food and drink, and the arts. Portland, in particular, has a vibrant food and beer scene, as well as a thriving arts community.
When planning your move, be sure to research different cities and neighborhoods to find the right fit for you.
Average Cost Of Moving From Washington To Oregon
The cost of moving from Washington to Oregon depends on various factors such as the distance between the two states, the size of your move, and the specific moving services you require. Here are some estimated costs based on different types of moves:
- Self-Move: If you rent a moving truck and move your belongings on your own, the cost can range from $400 to $1,200 depending on the size of the truck and the distance you are moving.
- Partial Move: If you only need to move some of your belongings, you can hire a moving company to handle the transportation while you handle the packing and unpacking. The cost can range from $500 to $2,000 depending on the size of your move and the distance.
- Full-Service Move: If you want the moving company to handle everything from packing to transportation to unpacking, the cost can range from $1,500 to $5,000 or more depending on the size of your move and the distance.
Keep in mind that these are just estimates and the actual cost can vary based on various factors such as the time of year, the specific services you require, and the level of insurance you choose. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to get a more accurate idea of the cost of your move.
Movers From Washington To Oregon
Here are some moving companies that can help with a move from Washington to Oregon:
- Two Men and a Truck – This company has locations throughout Washington and Oregon and offers a range of moving services, including packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and storage options.
- North Coast Moving and Storage – This company has been serving the Pacific Northwest for over 40 years and offers both residential and commercial moving services. They have locations in Washington and Oregon.
- All Service Moving – This company specializes in long-distance moves and has locations in Seattle, Portland, and Eugene. They offer packing, loading and unloading, and storage services.
- You Move Me – This company has locations throughout Washington and Oregon and offers a range of moving services, including packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and storage options. They also offer a free wardrobe service where they pack and transport your hanging clothes for you.
- PDX Movers – This company is based in Portland and offers local and long-distance moving services. They specialize in residential moves and offer packing, loading and unloading, and storage options.
Cheapest Way To Move From Washington To Oregon
Since Washington and Oregon are neighboring states, the cheapest way to move from Washington to Oregon would be through self-moving using a rented truck or trailer. This would involve packing and loading your belongings into the truck or trailer yourself and then driving it to your new home in Oregon. You can also save money by finding affordable packing supplies and boxes and packing everything yourself. Another option is to hire a moving container company that can drop off a container at your current home for you to load, then transport the container to your new home in Oregon. This method can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company. However, it’s important to do your research and compare prices from different moving companies to find the best deal.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Washington To Oregon
Moving from Washington to Oregon typically takes 1-2 days, depending on the distance and the size of the move. The distance between the two states is relatively short, with a driving distance of around 200-300 miles depending on the starting and ending points. If you are moving a small amount of items, it may be possible to complete the move in one day. However, if you are moving a larger household or need to transport your belongings over a longer distance within the states, it may take two days or more to complete the move. The exact duration will depend on the moving company, the route taken, and other factors like weather and traffic conditions.