If you’re planning to move from Washington to New Mexico, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Climate: New Mexico has a drier, more arid climate than Washington. Summers can be very hot, and winters are generally mild, although temperatures can drop below freezing at night. Be prepared for the weather by packing appropriate clothing.
- Cost of living: The cost of living in New Mexico is generally lower than in Washington, particularly when it comes to housing and food. However, salaries may also be lower, so it’s important to factor in your income potential.
- Culture and lifestyle: New Mexico has a rich cultural heritage, with a mix of Native American, Spanish, and Mexican influences. The state is known for its art, cuisine, and outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing. People in New Mexico are generally friendly and welcoming.
- Employment opportunities: New Mexico has a diverse economy that includes healthcare, education, government, and tourism. However, job opportunities may be more limited than in larger states like Washington.
- Transportation: New Mexico has a network of highways and interstates, but public transportation options may be more limited. Make sure to research your transportation options and plan accordingly.
Overall, moving from Washington to New Mexico can be a big change, but it may also provide new opportunities and a different quality of life. Be sure to do your research and prepare for the transition to ensure a smooth move.
Moving To New Mexico Pros and Cons
Average Cost Of Moving From Washington To New Mexico
The cost of moving from Washington to New Mexico varies depending on several factors such as the distance, the size of your household, the amount of belongings, and the moving services required.
On average, the cost of moving from Washington to New Mexico for a 2-3 bedroom household is between $2,800 to $6,000 for a full-service move. This includes packing, loading, transportation, unloading, and unpacking.
However, if you opt for a do-it-yourself move, the cost could be much lower. Renting a moving truck for a one-way trip from Seattle, WA to Albuquerque, NM (1,300 miles) can cost around $1,500 to $2,000, depending on the size of the truck.
Other expenses to consider when moving include packing supplies, insurance, and additional services like storage, which could increase the total cost. It’s recommended to get several quotes from reputable moving companies to compare prices and find the best deal for your specific moving needs.
Moving Out Of Washington
Movers From Washington To New Mexico
Here are some moving companies that can move you from Washington to New Mexico:
- U-Pack Moving: U-Pack is a nationwide moving company that offers affordable moving solutions. They offer a variety of moving options, including self-pack, self-move, and full-service moving.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is a full-service moving company that can handle every aspect of your move. They have over 80 years of experience in the moving industry and offer a wide range of moving services.
- Mayflower Transit: Mayflower Transit is one of the largest moving companies in the United States. They have been in business for over 90 years and offer a variety of moving services, including packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and transportation.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a full-service moving company that offers a wide range of moving services, including packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and transportation. They have been in business for over 90 years and have a network of over 400 agents across the country.
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that specializes in local and long-distance moving. They offer a variety of moving services, including packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and transportation. They also offer storage solutions.
Cheapest Way To Move From Washington To New Mexico
There are several ways to move from Washington to New Mexico, and the cheapest way will depend on your specific situation. Here are some options you could consider:
- Renting a moving truck: Renting a moving truck is usually one of the cheapest ways to move, especially if you have a lot of items to transport. You can compare prices from different rental companies to find the best deal, and you can save money by doing the packing and loading yourself.
- Shipping your belongings: If you don’t have many items to move, you could consider shipping them instead. You could use a shipping service such as FedEx or UPS, or you could use a freight company that specializes in moving goods. Be sure to compare prices and read reviews to find a reliable and affordable company.
- Hiring a moving container: Another option is to hire a moving container, such as those offered by PODS or U-Pack. The company will drop off a container at your home, and you can pack and load it yourself. The company will then transport the container to your new home in New Mexico.
- Hiring a moving company: If you have a lot of items to move or you don’t want to do the packing and loading yourself, you could hire a moving company to handle everything for you. Be sure to get quotes from several companies and read reviews to find a reputable and affordable one.
Remember to also factor in additional costs such as fuel, tolls, and lodging if you are driving yourself, and be sure to plan ahead to avoid last-minute expenses.
How To Move To New Mexico On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From Washington To New Mexico
The time it takes to move from Washington to New Mexico can vary depending on several factors, including the distance between the two locations, the method of transportation, the size of your move, and any unforeseen circumstances such as traffic or weather conditions.
If you are moving your belongings by truck, the distance between Washington and New Mexico is approximately 1,400 miles, which can take anywhere from 2-5 days depending on the specific route taken and any stops along the way.
If you are flying and shipping your belongings separately, the shipping time will depend on the method of shipping you choose and the size of your move. For example, shipping a few boxes or small items via ground shipping can take 5-7 business days, while air shipping can take 2-3 business days but can be more expensive.
Overall, the time it takes to move from Washington to New Mexico will depend on your specific circumstances and can vary widely. It is best to work with a reputable moving company to determine the most accurate estimate for your move.
Comments are closed.