Moving from Washington to New Jersey involves a significant distance and requires careful planning. Here are some important things to consider:
- Distance: The distance between Washington and New Jersey is around 2,800 miles. The journey would take about 40 hours of driving time, depending on your route.
- Moving options: There are several ways to move your belongings from Washington to New Jersey, including hiring a moving company, renting a truck, or using a moving container service.
- Cost: The cost of moving can vary depending on the moving method, distance, and amount of belongings. It’s essential to get quotes from different moving companies and compare the prices to find the best option.
- Climate: New Jersey has a humid subtropical climate, which is different from Washington’s mild, wet winters and dry summers. You may need to adjust your wardrobe and prepare for different weather conditions.
- Lifestyle: New Jersey offers a diverse range of lifestyles, from vibrant urban areas to quaint suburban towns. It’s essential to research different neighborhoods and find the one that best fits your needs.
- Driver’s license and car registration: If you plan to drive in New Jersey, you’ll need to obtain a driver’s license and register your car within 60 days of moving.
- Schools: If you have children, it’s important to research the school district in your new area and find a suitable school for them.
- Utilities: You’ll need to transfer or set up new accounts for utilities such as gas, electricity, water, and internet/cable.
- Change of address: Don’t forget to change your address with the post office, banks, credit cards, and any other important organizations.
- Packing: Properly packing your belongings is crucial to ensure they arrive safely in New Jersey. You can hire a packing service or do it yourself, but it’s essential to use sturdy boxes, packing materials, and label everything clearly.
Average Cost Of Moving From Washington To New Jersey
The cost of moving from Washington to New Jersey can vary depending on several factors such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of items being moved, and the specific moving services required.
On average, the cost of a long-distance move from Washington to New Jersey can range from $3,000 to $8,000. However, this is just an estimate, and the actual cost can be higher or lower depending on the factors mentioned above.
It’s recommended to get quotes from several moving companies to compare prices and services before deciding on one. Additionally, some moving companies may offer discounts or promotions, so it’s worth asking about those as well.
Movers From Washington To New Jersey
Here are some moving companies that can help you move from Washington to New Jersey:
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines has over 85 years of experience in the moving industry and offers a wide range of services for long-distance moves, including packing, loading, and unloading. They also provide free in-home estimates to help you plan your move.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines offers comprehensive moving services for both residential and commercial customers, including packing, loading, and unloading. They have a network of more than 400 agents across the country and can help you with every aspect of your move.
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines has over 70 years of experience in the moving industry and offers a wide range of services to help make your move to New Jersey as smooth and stress-free as possible. They offer packing, loading, and unloading services, as well as storage solutions.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a well-known moving company that has been in business for over 90 years. They offer comprehensive moving services for both residential and commercial customers, including packing, loading, and unloading. They also provide a variety of storage solutions to fit your needs.
- U-Pack: U-Pack is a budget-friendly moving option that offers a convenient “you pack, we drive” service. They drop off a trailer or container at your home, you pack it up, and then they drive it to your new home in New Jersey. This option is a great choice if you want to save money on your move.
Cheapest Way To Move From Washington To New Jersey
There are a few ways to move from Washington to New Jersey, and the cheapest option will depend on your specific circumstances, such as how much stuff you have to move, your budget, and your timeline. Here are some options to consider:
- Rent a moving truck: This is typically the cheapest option, especially if you are willing to do the packing and loading yourself. You can compare prices from different truck rental companies and choose the one that offers the best deal. Keep in mind that you’ll also need to factor in the cost of gas, tolls, and food and lodging if your trip will take more than a day.
- Hire a moving container: Another affordable option is to rent a moving container, such as those offered by PODS or U-Pack. You’ll pay for the container rental, and then the company will transport the container to your new home in New Jersey. This can be a good choice if you need some flexibility in your move timeline, as you can take as long as you need to load and unload the container.
- Use a freight trailer service: Companies like ABF Freight and Old Dominion Freight Line offer moving services that allow you to share a trailer with other customers. This can be a cost-effective option if you have a smaller load or are willing to be flexible on your delivery date.
- Ship your belongings: You can also ship your belongings through a postal service or a shipping company like FedEx or UPS. This is usually the cheapest option for small, lightweight items, but it can quickly become expensive if you have a lot of stuff to move.
Keep in mind that each of these options has pros and cons, so be sure to weigh them carefully before making a decision. Additionally, consider whether you need additional services like packing, loading, or unloading, as these will add to the overall cost of your move.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Washington To New Jersey
The time it takes to move from Washington to New Jersey will depend on various factors such as the distance, mode of transportation, the size of your household, and the moving company’s schedule.
Assuming you are moving by a moving truck, the driving distance from Seattle, Washington to Newark, New Jersey is approximately 2,825 miles, and the estimated driving time is about 43 hours without factoring in rest stops and traffic.
However, the actual moving time will likely be longer, considering that the moving truck will need to stop to refuel, and rest stops along the way. Additionally, the moving company may also take some time to pick up and deliver your household items.
Generally, long-distance moves take several days to a couple of weeks, depending on the distance, the size of the move, and the moving company’s schedule. It is best to consult with a moving company to get an accurate estimate of how long your specific move from Washington to New Jersey will take.