If you are planning to move from Washington to Illinois, here are some things you may want to consider:
- Climate: Washington is known for its mild and rainy climate, while Illinois experiences all four seasons with cold winters and hot summers.
- Cost of living: The cost of living in Illinois is lower compared to Washington. You may find lower housing costs and cheaper groceries and utilities.
- Job market: Illinois has a diverse economy with strong industries in healthcare, education, and finance. You may want to research the job market in your specific field to determine if it is a good fit for you.
- Education: Illinois has a strong education system, with top-ranked universities and colleges. If you are looking to pursue higher education, Illinois may be a good option.
- Transportation: Illinois has an extensive transportation system, including highways, railways, and airports. If you plan to commute, you may want to research the transportation options in your desired location.
- Culture: Illinois has a diverse culture with plenty of museums, art galleries, theaters, and music venues. You may want to research the cultural opportunities available in your new city.
- Taxes: Illinois has higher taxes compared to Washington, including income tax, property tax, and sales tax.
Overall, moving from Washington to Illinois can be a good choice if you are looking for a lower cost of living, strong job market, excellent education system, and diverse culture.
Average Cost Of Moving From Washington To Illinois
The cost of moving from Washington to Illinois can vary depending on several factors such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of belongings being moved, the time of year, and the moving company you choose.
On average, you can expect to pay between $3,000 and $6,000 for a long-distance move from Washington to Illinois. However, this estimate can vary greatly depending on the specific details of your move.
It’s important to get multiple quotes from reputable moving companies to ensure you’re getting the best price for your specific move. Additionally, some moving companies may offer discounts or promotions during certain times of the year, so it’s worth checking for these as well.
Movers From Washington To Illinois
There are several moving companies that can help with a move from Washington to Illinois. Here are some options:
- North American Van Lines: This company has over 85 years of experience in the moving industry and offers a variety of services to help with your move, including packing, loading, and unloading.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines offers both local and long-distance moving services, and can help with packing, loading, and unloading your belongings.
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is one of the largest moving companies in the world, and offers a variety of moving services to help with your move from Washington to Illinois.
- Mayflower: Mayflower has been helping people move for over 90 years, and offers a range of moving services to make your move as stress-free as possible.
- U-Haul: U-Haul is a well-known company that offers a variety of moving trucks and trailers for rent, as well as packing supplies and moving services.
Be sure to compare prices and services offered by different moving companies to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
Cheapest Way To Move From Washington To Illinois
The cheapest way to move from Washington to Illinois will depend on several factors such as the distance between the two states, the amount of belongings you want to move, and the time of year you plan to move. Here are some options you can consider to save on moving costs:
- Rent a moving truck: Renting a moving truck is generally the cheapest way to move long distances. You can pack your belongings and drive the truck yourself to your destination. Companies like U-Haul, Penske, and Budget offer truck rentals, and you can choose from various sizes depending on your needs.
- Use a moving container: A moving container is a portable storage unit that is delivered to your home, and you can load it with your belongings. Once you have finished packing, the company will transport the container to your new location. This is a good option if you have a small amount of belongings to move. Companies like PODS and U-Pack offer moving container services.
- Hire a moving company: Hiring a moving company is the most convenient option, but it can also be expensive. You can save on costs by booking early, choosing a mid-week move, and being flexible with your moving dates. You can also consider hiring a moving company that offers consolidated moves, where your belongings are combined with those of other customers to reduce costs.
- Sell or donate items: If you have items you no longer need, consider selling them or donating them before your move. This can help you reduce the number of belongings you need to move and save on costs.
- Drive your own car: If you have a car, you can drive it to your new location instead of shipping it. This can save you money on car shipping costs.
- Ship items: If you have a small number of belongings to move, you can ship them via postal service or shipping companies like FedEx, UPS, or DHL. This is a good option if you have fragile or valuable items that you want to ensure arrive safely.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Washington To Illinois
The distance between Washington and Illinois varies depending on the cities, but on average, it takes around 24-30 hours to drive the approximately 1,800-2,000 miles between the two states. However, the total time it takes to move from Washington to Illinois will depend on various factors, including the mode of transportation used, the distance to be covered, the amount of belongings being transported, the weather conditions, and the route taken. Additionally, if you are using a moving company, the time it takes for them to pack, load, and unload your belongings will also impact the overall moving time.