Moving from Oregon to New Mexico can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but it’s important to be prepared for the differences you may encounter. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Climate: New Mexico has a varied climate with hot summers and cold winters at higher elevations, and mild winters and hot summers in the lower elevations. This is quite different from the mild, rainy winters and dry summers of Oregon. Be prepared for the weather by packing appropriate clothing and gear.
- Cost of living: New Mexico is generally less expensive than Oregon, with lower housing costs and a lower overall cost of living. However, some areas of the state, especially near popular tourist destinations, can be more expensive. Research the cost of living in the area you plan to move to and budget accordingly.
- Transportation: New Mexico is a relatively rural state with limited public transportation. A car is typically necessary for getting around, so budget for a car payment, insurance, and gas. The state also has many scenic byways and highways, making it a great place for road trips and outdoor adventures.
- Job market: Before you move, research the job market in New Mexico to make sure there are opportunities in your field. The state’s economy is diverse, with opportunities in healthcare, education, tourism, and other industries.
- Culture: New Mexico is known for its rich history, unique culture, and stunning natural beauty. Take advantage of the state’s many outdoor recreation opportunities, such as hiking, camping, and skiing. The state also has a strong art scene, with many galleries and museums showcasing the works of local artists.
Overall, moving from Oregon to New Mexico can be a great adventure, but it’s important to be prepared for the differences in climate, cost of living, transportation, job market, and culture. With some planning and a positive attitude, you can make a smooth transition and enjoy all that New Mexico has to offer.
Moving To New Mexico Pros and Cons
Average Cost Of Moving From Oregon To New Mexico
The cost of moving from Oregon to New Mexico can vary depending on several factors, such as the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current home and your new home, the mode of transportation you choose, and any additional services you may need, such as packing or storage.
In general, a long-distance move from Oregon to New Mexico could cost anywhere from $3,000 to $9,000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above. This cost could include expenses such as packing materials, labor costs, transportation fees, and insurance.
To get a more accurate estimate of the cost of your move, it’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies. Be sure to provide them with as much information as possible about your move so they can give you an accurate estimate.
Moving Out Of Oregon
Movers From Oregon To New Mexico
Here are some moving companies you can consider for a move from Oregon to New Mexico:
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a well-known moving company that provides long-distance moving services across the United States. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is another reputable moving company that offers a range of long-distance moving services. They have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- U-Pack: U-Pack is a popular choice for those who want to save money on their move. They provide a moving trailer or container and you load and unload your belongings. They then transport the trailer or container to your new location.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a moving company that has been in business for over 90 years. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and they have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- Penske: Penske is a popular choice for those who want to do the move themselves. They offer truck rentals and packing supplies, as well as loading and unloading services.
Remember to research each company, read reviews, and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
Cheapest Way To Move From Oregon To New Mexico
The cheapest way to move from Oregon to New Mexico will depend on several factors such as the distance, the amount of items you need to move, and your preferred mode of transportation. Here are some cost-effective options you could consider:
- Rent a Moving Truck: Renting a moving truck is a great option if you have a lot of items to move. You can rent a truck from companies such as U-Haul or Budget and drive it yourself to save on costs. This option allows you to control your moving schedule and can be more cost-effective than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Ship Your Belongings: If you have a few items to move, shipping them can be a cost-effective way to move. Shipping companies such as UPS, FedEx, or USPS can help you ship your belongings. Make sure you compare the rates of different companies and choose the most affordable option.
- Sell or Donate Unwanted Items: Moving is a great opportunity to declutter and get rid of unwanted items. Consider selling or donating items that you no longer need. This will not only reduce the amount of items you need to move but also reduce the cost of moving.
- Consider Hiring a Moving Container: Moving containers are portable storage units that can be transported to your new location. Companies such as PODS or U-Pack can provide you with a moving container that you can pack at your own pace. This option can be cheaper than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Plan Your Move During Off-Season: The cost of moving can vary depending on the time of year. If possible, try to plan your move during the off-season, which is typically from September to May. During this time, moving companies are less busy and may offer discounts.
Remember to research and compare the costs of different options to choose the most affordable way to move from Oregon to New Mexico.
How To Move To New Mexico On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From Oregon To New Mexico
The time it takes to move from Oregon to New Mexico can vary depending on several factors, such as the mode of transportation, the route taken, the amount of belongings being moved, and other logistics.
Driving from Oregon to New Mexico would take approximately 18 to 20 hours, depending on the route taken, traffic, and weather conditions. Flying would take around 3-4 hours, not including time for travel to and from the airports, check-in and security screening time, and potential layovers.
If you choose to hire a moving company to transport your belongings, it could take anywhere from 2-5 days for them to arrive in New Mexico, depending on the specific moving company and their schedule.
It’s important to note that the time it takes to move also depends on how well you plan ahead and the details of your move. For example, if you pack your belongings efficiently and plan your route and transportation options ahead of time, you can save time and avoid potential delays.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?
Comments are closed.