Moving from Oregon to Illinois can be an exciting change. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Climate: Illinois has a continental climate, with hot summers and cold winters. This is different from the mild, rainy climate of Oregon, so be prepared for the change in weather.
- Cost of living: The cost of living in Illinois can be higher than in Oregon, but it can vary depending on the specific city or town you are moving to. Housing costs, in particular, can be quite high in some parts of the state.
- Transportation: Illinois has a well-developed transportation system, including highways, buses, trains, and airports. The state is also known for its scenic drives and historic routes, such as Route 66.
- Job market: Illinois’s economy is diverse, with opportunities in healthcare, education, technology, and other industries. Before moving, research the job market in the area you plan to move to, as job opportunities can vary across the state.
- Culture: Illinois has a rich history and culture, with many museums, theaters, and other cultural attractions. The state is also known for its sports teams, such as the Chicago Cubs and Chicago Bulls.
Overall, moving from Oregon to Illinois can be a great opportunity for a fresh start. Just be prepared for the differences in climate, cost of living, transportation, job market, and culture, and you can make a smooth transition and enjoy all that Illinois has to offer.
Average Cost Of Moving From Oregon To Illinois
The cost of moving from Oregon to Illinois can vary depending on several factors, such as the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current home and your new home, the mode of transportation you choose, and any additional services you may need, such as packing or storage.
In general, a long-distance move from Oregon to Illinois could cost anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above. This cost could include expenses such as packing materials, labor costs, transportation fees, and insurance.
To get a more accurate estimate of the cost of your move, it’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies. Be sure to provide them with as much information as possible about your move so they can give you an accurate estimate.
Movers From Oregon To Illinois
Here are some moving companies you can consider for a move from Oregon to Illinois:
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a reputable moving company that provides long-distance moving services. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is another popular moving company that offers long-distance moving services across the United States. They have a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a moving company that has been in business for over 90 years. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is another reputable moving company that offers long-distance moving services. They have a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- U-Pack: U-Pack is a moving company that specializes in long-distance moves. They offer affordable rates and have flexible options for packing and loading your belongings. They also offer storage solutions if needed.
Remember to research each company, read reviews, and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
Cheapest Way To Move From Oregon To Illinois
Here are some cost-effective ways to move from Oregon to Illinois:
- Rent a Moving Truck: Renting a moving truck and driving it yourself is a cost-effective option if you have a lot of belongings to move. You can rent a truck from companies such as U-Haul or Budget and drive it yourself to save on costs. This option allows you to control your moving schedule and can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Ship Your Belongings: Shipping your belongings can be a cheaper way to move if you only have a few items to move. Shipping companies such as UPS, FedEx, or USPS can help you ship your belongings. Compare the rates of different companies and choose the most affordable option.
- Consider Hiring a Moving Container: Moving containers are portable storage units that can be transported to your new location. Companies such as PODS or U-Pack can provide you with a moving container that you can pack at your own pace. This option can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Sell or Donate Unwanted Items: Decluttering and getting rid of unwanted items can reduce the amount of belongings you need to move and help you save money. Consider selling or donating items that you no longer need.
- Plan Your Move During Off-Season: The cost of moving can vary depending on the time of year. Try to plan your move during the off-season, which is typically from September to May. During this time, moving companies are less busy and may offer discounts.
Remember to compare the costs of different options and choose the most affordable way to move from Oregon to Illinois that suits your needs and budget.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Oregon To Illinois
The time it takes to move from Oregon to Illinois can vary depending on several factors, such as the mode of transportation, the route taken, the amount of belongings being moved, and other logistics.
Driving from Oregon to Illinois would take approximately 28 to 31 hours, depending on the route taken, traffic, and weather conditions. Flying would take around 4-5 hours, not including time for travel to and from the airports, check-in and security screening time, and potential layovers.
If you choose to hire a moving company to transport your belongings, it could take anywhere from 3-7 days for them to arrive in Illinois, depending on the specific moving company and their schedule.
It’s important to note that the time it takes to move also depends on how well you plan ahead and the details of your move. For example, if you pack your belongings efficiently and plan your route and transportation options ahead of time, you can save time and avoid potential delays.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?