Moving from Oregon to Florida can be a significant change, and it’s important to consider a few things before making the move:
- Climate: Florida has a hot and humid climate, with long summers and mild winters. Be prepared for the change in weather, as it can be quite different from the cooler temperatures in Oregon.
- Cost of living: Florida has a relatively low cost of living compared to many other states, so you may find that your expenses decrease after the move. Housing costs can vary widely, depending on the city or town you choose to live in.
- Culture: Florida is known for its unique culture, including its food, music, and history. You may find that the lifestyle and customs are quite different from those in Oregon.
- Job market: Florida has a diverse economy, with many job opportunities in industries such as tourism, healthcare, and technology. However, competition can be fierce in certain fields, so it’s important to do your research before making the move.
- Transportation: Florida is a large state, and owning a car is essential in many areas. Public transportation options are available in larger cities like Miami and Orlando, but you may find that having your vehicle is necessary.
- Education: Florida has many excellent colleges and universities, including the University of Florida and Florida State University.
Overall, moving from Oregon to Florida can be an exciting change, with a lower cost of living and a unique culture. However, be prepared for the hot and humid climate and the need for a car in many areas. With its diverse job market and excellent educational opportunities, Florida can be an excellent destination for those seeking a new start.
Average Cost Of Moving From Oregon To Florida
The cost of moving from Oregon to Florida can vary depending on several factors, such as the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current home and your new home, the mode of transportation you choose, and any additional services you may need, such as packing or storage.
In general, a long-distance move from Oregon to Florida could cost anywhere from $3,500 to $9,000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above. This cost could include expenses such as packing materials, labor costs, transportation fees, and insurance.
To get a more accurate estimate of the cost of your move, it’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies. Be sure to provide them with as much information as possible about your move so they can give you an accurate estimate.
Movers From Oregon To Florida
Here are some moving companies you can consider for a move from Oregon to Florida:
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a popular moving company that offers long-distance moving services across the United States. They have a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the country to help coordinate your move.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is another reputable moving company that provides long-distance moving services. They have a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is a well-known moving company that offers long-distance moving services. They have a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is another popular moving company that provides long-distance moving services. They have a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a well-established moving company that offers long-distance moving services. They have a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have a network of agents throughout the United States to help coordinate your move.
Be sure to research each company, read reviews, and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
Cheapest Way To Move From Oregon To Florida
Here are some cost-effective ways to move from Oregon to Florida:
- Rent a Moving Truck: Renting a moving truck and driving it yourself is a cost-effective option if you have a lot of belongings to move. You can rent a truck from companies such as U-Haul or Budget and drive it yourself to save on costs. This option allows you to control your moving schedule and can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Ship Your Belongings: Shipping your belongings can be a cheaper way to move if you only have a few items to move. Shipping companies such as UPS, FedEx, or USPS can help you ship your belongings. Compare the rates of different companies and choose the most affordable option.
- Consider Hiring a Moving Container: Moving containers are portable storage units that can be transported to your new location. Companies such as PODS or U-Pack can provide you with a moving container that you can pack at your own pace. This option can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Sell or Donate Unwanted Items: Decluttering and getting rid of unwanted items can reduce the amount of belongings you need to move and help you save money. Consider selling or donating items that you no longer need.
- Plan Your Move During Off-Season: The cost of moving can vary depending on the time of year. Try to plan your move during the off-season, which is typically from September to May. During this time, moving companies are less busy and may offer discounts.
Remember to compare the costs of different options and choose the most affordable way to move from Oregon to Florida that suits your needs and budget.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Oregon To Florida
The time it takes to move from Oregon to Florida can vary depending on various factors, including the mode of transportation, the route taken, the amount of belongings being moved, and other logistics.
Driving from Oregon to Florida would take approximately 39 to 42 hours, depending on the route taken, traffic, and weather conditions. Flying would take around 5-6 hours, not including time for travel to and from the airports, check-in and security screening time, and potential layovers.
If you choose to hire a moving company to transport your belongings, it could take anywhere from 5-10 days for them to arrive in Florida, depending on the specific moving company and their schedule.
It’s important to note that the time it takes to move also depends on how well you plan ahead and the details of your move. For example, if you pack your belongings efficiently and plan your route and transportation options ahead of time, you can save time and avoid potential delays.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?