The time it takes to move from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania can vary depending on factors such as the distance, moving method, availability of movers, and specific circumstances surrounding your move.
The distance between Oklahoma and Pennsylvania is approximately 1,100 to 1,200 miles, depending on the specific locations. If you are driving the entire way, it can take around 16 to 18 hours of non-stop driving time. However, it’s important to consider rest breaks, meals, and any other stops you may need to make. Therefore, it’s reasonable to assume that the driving portion of the move could take around 2 to 3 days, depending on your pace and how often you stop.
If you choose to hire professional movers, the duration of the move will depend on factors such as the moving company’s schedule, the size of your household, and the transportation method they employ. For a move of this distance, professional movers may typically take 1 to 2 weeks to complete the move, including packing, loading, transportation, unloading, and unpacking at your new location. However, it’s best to consult with the moving company for a more accurate estimate based on your specific circumstances.
If you plan to ship your belongings or use a combination of methods like driving and shipping, the overall time frame will depend on the shipping company’s schedule and the transit time.
It’s important to plan your move ahead of time, taking into account all logistical aspects, and contacting moving companies or transportation services for accurate estimates and timelines.
Average Cost Of Moving From Oklahoma To Pennsylvania
The cost of moving from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania can vary depending on several factors, including the distance, the amount of belongings you have, the specific services you require, and the time of year. However, I can provide you with some average cost estimates to give you a rough idea:
- Moving Company Costs: If you hire a professional moving company to handle your move, the cost will typically be based on the weight of your belongings and the distance of the move. On average, for a long-distance move like this, you can expect to pay between $2,000 and $5,000 or more. This estimate includes the transportation of your belongings, loading and unloading, and sometimes packing services. It’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple moving companies to compare prices and services.
- Truck Rental Costs: If you decide to handle the move yourself by renting a moving truck, the cost will depend on the size of the truck, the duration of the rental, and the mileage. On average, truck rental costs for a long-distance move can range from $1,000 to $2,000 or more. Additional costs to consider include fuel expenses, tolls, and any necessary equipment or supplies.
- Packing Materials: Whether you hire a moving company or move on your own, you will need packing materials to protect your belongings during transit. This may include boxes, bubble wrap, packing paper, tape, and other supplies. The cost of packing materials can vary depending on the quantity and quality you require. Budget around $100 to $300 for packing materials.
- Other Expenses: In addition to transportation costs, there may be other expenses to consider, such as travel expenses for yourself and any family members, temporary accommodation if needed, utility setup fees at your new residence, and any additional services you require, such as furniture assembly or storage.
It’s important to note that these are average estimates, and the actual cost of your move may be higher or lower depending on your specific circumstances. To get a more accurate cost estimate, consider contacting moving companies for quotes or using online moving cost calculators.
Movers From Oklahoma To Pennsylvania
There are several moving companies that offer services from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania. Here are a few well-known moving companies that can assist with your move:
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is one of the largest and most reputable moving companies in the United States. They offer a wide range of moving services, including long-distance moves from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania. You can request a quote and schedule a virtual or in-home survey on their website.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is another renowned moving company that provides interstate moving services. They have a network of professional movers and can handle moves from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania. You can contact them for a personalized quote and consultation.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a full-service moving company that offers both residential and commercial moving services. They have experience with long-distance moves and can assist with your relocation from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania. You can reach out to them for a customized estimate.
It’s recommended to compare quotes and services from multiple moving companies to ensure you get the best value for your move. Additionally, reading customer reviews and checking the company’s reputation and credentials can help you make an informed decision.
Please note that while I’ve provided a few examples, there are many other moving companies available for your move from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania. It’s always a good idea to research and reach out to different companies to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Cheapest Way To Move From Oklahoma To Pennsylvania
If you’re looking for the cheapest way to move from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania, here are a few cost-saving options to consider:
- DIY Move with a Rental Truck: Renting a moving truck and handling the move yourself is generally the most cost-effective option. You can pack and load your belongings on your own, reducing labor costs. Compare prices from different truck rental companies to find the best deal, and be sure to factor in fuel costs, mileage fees, and any additional equipment you may need.
- Moving Container Services: Another affordable option is to use a moving container service. With this approach, a container is delivered to your Oklahoma home, and you load your belongings at your own pace. The container is then transported to Pennsylvania, where you can unload it at your convenience. Companies like PODS, U-Pack, and U-Haul’s U-Box offer container services with flexible pricing options.
- Freight or LTL Shipping: Less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping or freight shipping can be a cost-effective alternative. Instead of reserving an entire truck, you can ship your belongings on a shared truck or pallet, sharing the cost with other shippers. This option is best suited for those with a relatively small volume of items. Freightquote and uShip are platforms that connect shippers with freight carriers.
- Sell or Donate Items: Consider selling, donating, or downsizing your belongings before the move. This not only reduces the size and weight of your load but can also help offset moving costs. Hold a garage sale, list items on online marketplaces, or donate to local charities.
- Move during Off-Peak Seasons: Moving rates tend to be higher during peak moving seasons, which are typically summer months and weekends. If possible, plan your move for a less busy time of the year, such as fall or winter, when rates may be more affordable.
- Plan and Pack Efficiently: To minimize costs, be strategic with your packing. Use free or inexpensive packing materials, such as newspapers, blankets, and clothing, to cushion your items. Optimize the use of space in your rental truck or container to avoid needing additional vehicles or trips.
Remember to budget for any additional expenses, such as meals, accommodations, and tolls during your journey. It’s also important to prioritize the safety and security of your belongings, so consider insurance options or additional precautions when using self-moving methods.
Before making any decisions, compare costs, evaluate your specific needs, and consider the time and effort required for each option. Additionally, reach out to moving companies, rental truck companies, or container services to obtain quotes and compare prices.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Oklahoma To Pennsylvania
The duration of a move from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania can vary depending on several factors, including the distance, the specific locations in both states, the size of your household, the moving company’s schedule, and the mode of transportation (e.g., truck, plane, etc.) chosen for your move.
Typically, for a long-distance move like this, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to complete the entire process. Here is a rough estimate of the timeline involved in a long-distance move from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania:
- Planning and Preparation: This stage involves researching and selecting a moving company, obtaining quotes, and scheduling your move. This process can take a few weeks to ensure you have enough time to make necessary arrangements.
- Packing: Packing your belongings can take several days or weeks, depending on the size of your household and the complexity of your belongings. Some moving companies offer professional packing services that can expedite this process.
- Loading and Transportation: Once your belongings are packed, the moving company will load them onto the moving truck and begin transportation. The duration of this stage depends on the distance between Oklahoma and Pennsylvania and any stops or detours along the way. Typically, it can take 2-5 days for the transportation itself.
- Unloading and Delivery: Upon arrival in Pennsylvania, the moving company will unload your belongings and deliver them to your new home. This process generally takes a day or two.
It’s important to note that these timeframes are approximate and can vary based on various circumstances. It’s best to discuss the timeline with your chosen moving company, as they will have a better understanding of their specific process and schedule.
Additionally, factors like weather conditions, traffic, and the availability of moving crews can also impact the overall timeline of your move.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?