If you’re planning a move from Oklahoma to Florida, there are several reputable moving companies that can assist you with your relocation. Here are a few options to consider:
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is a well-known and established moving company with a wide network of agents across the United States. They offer comprehensive moving services, including packing, loading, transportation, and unpacking. You can request a quote and find a local United Van Lines agent to help you with your move from Oklahoma to Florida.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is a reputable moving company that operates nationally. They provide a range of services, including packing, storage, and vehicle transportation. You can contact them to get a quote and find a local agent for your move.
- Mayflower Transit: Mayflower Transit is a trusted moving company with a long history in the industry. They offer both residential and commercial moving services, including interstate moves. You can request a quote and find a local Mayflower agent to assist you with your move to Florida.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a well-established moving company with a wide network of agents across the country. They offer various services, such as packing, unpacking, and storage solutions. You can obtain a free quote and locate a local Allied Van Lines agent for your move.
When contacting these moving companies, provide them with the necessary details about your move, such as the moving date, the size of your household, and any specific requirements you may have. They will be able to provide you with a more accurate estimate and help you plan your move from Oklahoma to Florida.
Moving To Florida Pros and Cons
Average Cost Of Moving From Oklahoma To Florida
The average cost of moving from Oklahoma to Florida can vary depending on several factors, including the distance, the size of your household, the services you require, and the specific logistics of your move. However, to give you a general idea, here are some estimated costs based on different moving options:
- Professional Full-Service Move: Hiring a professional moving company to handle your move from Oklahoma to Florida can provide convenience but may be more expensive. The cost for a full-service move typically includes packing, loading, transportation, unloading, and sometimes unpacking. The average cost for a long-distance move of this nature can range from $3,000 to $8,000 or more, depending on the size of your household and the distance.
- Moving Container or Freight Service: Utilizing moving containers or freight services can offer a more affordable alternative. With this option, you typically load your belongings into a container or crate, and it is then transported to your new location. The cost for this type of move can range from $1,500 to $5,000 or more, depending on the size of the container, the distance, and any additional services you may require.
- Renting a Moving Truck: Renting a moving truck and handling the move yourself is usually the most cost-effective option, but it requires more effort on your part. The cost of renting a truck for a one-way move from Oklahoma to Florida can range from $800 to $1,500 or more, depending on the size of the truck, the distance, and any additional fees such as fuel and insurance.
It’s important to note that these are just estimated costs, and the actual price you will pay can vary based on your specific circumstances, such as the time of year, availability, and any additional services or factors unique to your move. It’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple moving companies or rental truck providers to get a more accurate idea of the cost for your particular situation.
Moving Out Of Oklahoma
Movers From Oklahoma To Florida
The time it takes for movers to transport your belongings from Oklahoma to Florida can vary depending on several factors, including the distance, moving method, availability of movers, and specific circumstances surrounding your move.
The distance between Oklahoma and Florida can vary depending on the specific locations within the states. However, for the purpose of estimation, if we consider a move from a central location in Oklahoma to a central location in Florida, the distance can range from approximately 1,000 to 1,200 miles.
When using professional movers, the time required for transportation will depend on the moving company’s schedule, the size of your household, and the transportation method they employ.
For a move of this distance, professional movers may typically take 1 to 2 weeks to complete the move, including packing, loading, transportation, unloading, and potentially unpacking at your new location. However, it’s best to consult with the moving company for a more accurate estimate based on your specific circumstances.
Factors that may influence the time frame include the availability of movers, the volume of your belongings, any additional services you request (such as packing or storage), and the specific logistics of your move. It’s important to contact moving companies well in advance to discuss your requirements and get accurate estimates and timelines.
Keep in mind that this timeline does not account for any delays that may occur due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather conditions or logistical issues. It’s always a good idea to plan your move ahead of time and make necessary arrangements with moving companies or transportation services to ensure a smooth and efficient relocation.
Cheapest Way To Move From Oklahoma To Florida
If you’re looking for the cheapest way to move from Oklahoma to Florida, here are some cost-saving options to consider:
- DIY Move with a Rental Truck: Renting a moving truck and handling the move yourself is typically the most cost-effective option. You can pack and load your belongings on your own, reducing labor costs. Compare prices from different truck rental companies to find the best deal, and be sure to factor in fuel costs, mileage fees, and any additional equipment you may need.
- Moving Container Services: Using a moving container service can also be a cost-effective choice. With this approach, a container is delivered to your Oklahoma home, and you load your belongings at your own pace. The container is then transported to Florida, where you can unload it at your convenience. Companies like PODS, U-Pack, and U-Haul’s U-Box offer container services with flexible pricing options.
- Freight or LTL Shipping: Less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping or freight shipping can be a cost-effective alternative if you have a relatively small volume of items. Instead of reserving an entire truck, you can ship your belongings on a shared truck or pallet, sharing the cost with other shippers. Consider reaching out to freight carriers or using online platforms like Freightquote or uShip to compare rates.
- Sell or Donate Items: Before the move, consider selling, donating, or downsizing your belongings. This reduces the size and weight of your load and can help offset moving costs. Hold a garage sale, list items on online marketplaces, or donate to local charities.
- Move during Off-Peak Seasons: Moving rates tend to be higher during peak moving seasons, such as summer months and weekends. If possible, plan your move for a less busy time of the year, such as fall or winter, when rates may be more affordable.
- Plan and Pack Efficiently: To minimize costs, be strategic with your packing. Use free or inexpensive packing materials, such as newspapers, blankets, and clothing, to cushion your items. Optimize the use of space in your rental truck or container to avoid needing additional vehicles or trips.
Remember to budget for any additional expenses, such as meals, accommodations, and tolls during your journey. It’s also important to prioritize the safety and security of your belongings, so consider insurance options or additional precautions when using self-moving methods.
Before making any decisions, compare costs, evaluate your specific needs, and consider the time and effort required for each option. Additionally, reach out to moving companies, rental truck companies, or container services to obtain quotes and compare prices.
How To Move To Florida On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From Oklahoma To Florida
The duration of a move from Oklahoma to Florida can vary depending on several factors, including the specific locations in both states, the size of your household, the moving company’s schedule, and the mode of transportation chosen for your move.
Given that Oklahoma and Florida are located in different regions of the United States, the distance between the two states can be significant. Here is a rough estimate of the timeline involved in a move from Oklahoma to Florida:
- Planning and Preparation: This stage involves researching and selecting a moving company, obtaining quotes, and scheduling your move. This process can take a few weeks to ensure you have enough time to make necessary arrangements.
- Packing: Packing your belongings can take several days or weeks, depending on the size of your household and the complexity of your belongings. Some moving companies offer professional packing services that can expedite this process.
- Loading and Transportation: Once your belongings are packed, the moving company will load them onto the moving truck and begin transportation. The duration of this stage depends on the specific distance between your locations in Oklahoma and Florida, as well as any stops or detours along the way. Typically, for a long-distance move like this, it can take 2-7 days for the transportation itself.
- Unloading and Delivery: Upon arrival at your new home in Florida, the moving company will unload your belongings and deliver them to your new residence. This process generally takes a day or two.
It’s important to note that these timeframes are approximate and can vary based on various circumstances. It’s best to discuss the timeline with your chosen moving company, as they will have a better understanding of their specific process and schedule.
Factors like weather conditions, traffic, and the availability of moving crews can also impact the overall timeline of your move.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?
Comments are closed.