When moving from North Carolina to Mississippi, you may need to:
- Update your driver’s license and vehicle registration
- Find a new home, apartment or rental property
- Transfer utility services such as electricity, water, and gas
- Notify government agencies of your change of address
- Research schools if you have children
- Register to vote in your new location
- Research the job market and start looking for work if necessary
- Find a new doctor and dentist
- Research and become familiar with the new area
- Notify friends and family of your move.
Average Cost Of Moving From North Carolina To Mississippi
The cost of moving from North Carolina to Mississippi can vary greatly depending on various factors such as the size of your household, distance of the move, time of year, and the type of moving services you use. On average, a long-distance move within the same region can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 or more. It’s recommended to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare costs and services.
Movers From North Carolina To Mississippi
Here are some popular moving companies that offer services from North Carolina to Mississippi:
- North American Van Lines
- United Van Lines
- Bekins Van Lines
- Allied Van Lines
- SIRVA Moving and Relocation
It’s a good idea to get quotes and compare services and customer reviews from multiple movers before making a final decision.
Cheapest Way To Move From North Carolina To Mississippi
The cheapest way to move from North Carolina to Mississippi is by renting a U-Haul or a moving truck and doing the move yourself. It is also possible to use a moving container service or a self-service mover to help you with your move. Make sure to get quotes from several companies and compare costs to find the most affordable option. You can also reduce the cost by reducing the amount of items you move and packing and loading the truck yourself.
How Long Does It Take To Move From North Carolina To Mississippi
The driving time from North Carolina to Mississippi is approximately 5 to 6 hours, but this can vary based on traffic and other factors. However, the total time for the move including packing, travel, and unpacking can take several days to a week or more.