Moving from Minnesota to Oregon can be a significant move, as the two states are quite different in terms of geography, climate, and lifestyle. Here are some things to consider:
- Climate: Minnesota is known for its harsh winters, while Oregon is known for its mild and rainy climate. Depending on where you are in Minnesota, the winters can be very long and very cold. In contrast, Oregon’s winters are generally mild and rainy, with occasional snow in the higher elevations.
- Geography: Minnesota is mostly flat, with some hilly areas in the southeast part of the state. Oregon, on the other hand, is known for its diverse geography, including mountains, forests, deserts, and coastline. If you enjoy outdoor activities, Oregon may be a great fit for you.
- Cost of Living: Both Minnesota and Oregon have a higher cost of living compared to the national average, but Oregon is generally more expensive than Minnesota. Housing costs in particular can be significantly higher in Oregon.
- Lifestyle: Minnesota and Oregon have very different cultures and ways of life. Minnesota is known for its friendly and welcoming community, strong sense of community, and love of outdoor activities. Oregon is known for its progressive politics, environmental consciousness, and laid-back lifestyle.
- Job Market: Depending on your profession, you may find a better job market in Oregon than in Minnesota, or vice versa. It’s a good idea to research job opportunities in your field in both states before making a decision.
Overall, moving from Minnesota to Oregon can be a big change, but it can also be a great opportunity to experience a new place and way of life.
Average Cost Of Moving From Minnesota To Oregon
The cost of moving from Minnesota to Oregon will depend on several factors, including the distance between the two locations, the amount of belongings being moved, the time of year, and the moving company selected.
According to various moving cost calculators, the average cost of a move from Minnesota to Oregon can range from $3,500 to $7,000 or more for a long-distance move of about 1,500 miles. This cost estimate includes transportation costs, packing materials, insurance, and additional services such as packing, loading, and unloading. However, it’s essential to obtain multiple quotes from different moving companies to find the best deal that fits your specific needs.
Movers From Minnesota To Oregon
Here are some moving companies that offer services from Minnesota to Oregon:
- United Van Lines: This company has been in business for over 90 years and has earned a reputation for being one of the most reliable movers in the industry. They offer a variety of services to help make your move from Minnesota to Oregon as easy as possible.
- Mayflower: Mayflower has been helping people move across the country for over 90 years. They offer a wide range of services, including packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking. They also have a long-distance moving calculator to help you estimate the cost of your move.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines has been in business for over 90 years and has a network of more than 500 agents across the country. They offer a range of services to make your move from Minnesota to Oregon as smooth as possible, including packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines has been in business for over 80 years and has a reputation for being one of the most reliable movers in the industry. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking.
- Atlas Van Lines: Atlas Van Lines has been in business for over 70 years and has a network of more than 300 agents across the country. They offer a range of services to help make your move from Minnesota to Oregon as easy as possible, including packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking.
Cheapest Way To Move From Minnesota To Oregon
The cheapest way to move from Minnesota to Oregon will depend on the amount of belongings you want to move, your preferred mode of transportation, and other factors such as the time of year you plan to move. Here are some options you can consider:
- Rent a moving truck: One of the cheapest ways to move from Minnesota to Oregon is to rent a moving truck and drive it yourself. You can pack your belongings and load them onto the truck and then drive it to Oregon. This option can be more affordable if you have a lot of items to move and are willing to do the driving yourself.
- Ship your belongings: Another option is to ship your belongings to Oregon through a shipping company. This can be a good option if you don’t have a lot of belongings or if you don’t want to drive a moving truck yourself. You can compare prices and services from different shipping companies to find the most affordable option.
- Hire a moving company: Hiring a moving company can be more expensive than driving a moving truck yourself or shipping your belongings, but it can also be more convenient. A moving company can pack and load your belongings for you and transport them to Oregon. You can compare prices and services from different moving companies to find the most affordable option.
- Use a freight trailer service: Another option to consider is using a freight trailer service. This service allows you to pack your belongings into a trailer, which is then transported to your new location. This option can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company, but you will need to do the packing and loading yourself.
Overall, the cheapest way to move from Minnesota to Oregon will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It’s a good idea to compare prices and services from different companies to find the most affordable option for you.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Minnesota To Oregon
The time it takes to move from Minnesota to Oregon depends on various factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the method of transportation, and the amount of belongings being moved. The driving distance between the two states is approximately 1,600 miles, which would take around 25 hours of driving time without rest stops.
If you are hiring professional movers to transport your belongings, the estimated transit time could vary depending on the specific moving company and their schedule. Generally, cross-country moves can take anywhere from 5-14 days, depending on the distance and the availability of moving trucks.
If you are planning to move by air, the travel time would be significantly shorter, taking around 5-7 hours including layovers and connecting flights.
It’s important to keep in mind that these are just estimates, and the actual time it takes to move can vary based on a variety of factors. It’s always a good idea to plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to prepare for your move, regardless of the method of transportation you choose.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?