Moving from one state to another can be a big undertaking, but it can also be exciting to start fresh in a new place. If you’re moving from Minnesota to New Mexico, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Climate: New Mexico has a warm and dry climate, with plenty of sunshine throughout the year. Minnesota, on the other hand, has cold winters and mild summers. Be prepared for a big change in weather!
- Culture: New Mexico has a unique blend of Native American, Hispanic, and Anglo cultures. You’ll find plenty of art, music, and food that reflects this diversity.
- Cost of living: The cost of living in New Mexico is generally lower than in Minnesota, so you may find that you’re able to stretch your budget a bit further.
- Job market: The job market in New Mexico can be competitive, so it’s a good idea to start looking for work before you move.
- Outdoor activities: New Mexico is known for its beautiful landscapes, including mountains, deserts, and canyons. If you love the outdoors, you’ll find plenty to explore in your new home.
- Housing: The cost of housing in New Mexico is generally lower than in Minnesota, so you may be able to find a larger or nicer home for your budget.
- Transportation: New Mexico is a large state, so it’s important to have a reliable vehicle if you plan on exploring all that it has to offer.
Overall, moving from Minnesota to New Mexico can be a great adventure. Just be prepared for a change in climate, culture, and lifestyle!
Average Cost Of Moving From Minnesota To New Mexico
The cost of moving from Minnesota to New Mexico will depend on several factors such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of belongings being transported, the time of year, and the moving company you choose. However, I can provide you with some estimated costs to help you get an idea of what to expect.
For a typical move from Minnesota to New Mexico, the cost could range from $3,500 to $8,000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above. The average cost for a long-distance move is around $5,000.
To get a more accurate estimate, you can contact several moving companies and ask for quotes based on your specific needs. They may also offer additional services such as packing, storage, and insurance that could affect the total cost.
Movers From Minnesota To New Mexico
Here are some moving companies that offer services from Minnesota to New Mexico:
- North American Van Lines: This company has been in business for over 80 years and offers a variety of moving services, including full-service packing and loading, as well as vehicle transportation.
- United Van Lines: With a network of over 400 agents, United Van Lines is one of the largest moving companies in the country. They offer a variety of moving services, including packing and loading, as well as storage options.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a popular choice for long-distance moves, with over 90 years of experience in the industry. They offer a range of moving services, including full-service packing and loading, as well as specialty moving services.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is another popular choice for long-distance moves, offering a range of moving services, including packing and loading, as well as vehicle transportation.
- U-Pack: If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, U-Pack may be a good choice. They offer a “you pack, we drive” service, which can save you money on your move.
It’s important to note that the cost of your move will depend on a variety of factors, including the distance of your move, the size of your household, and the services you require. I recommend contacting each company directly to get a personalized quote based on your specific needs.
Cheapest Way To Move From Minnesota To New Mexico
There are several ways to move from Minnesota to New Mexico, and the cheapest option will depend on your specific situation. Here are some general tips for finding the cheapest way to move:
- Do your research: Look into multiple moving companies, compare their prices and services, and read reviews to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- Consider the time of year: Moving during peak season (usually in the summer months) will generally be more expensive than moving during the off-season.
- Pack and move yourself: Renting a moving truck and packing and moving yourself can be the cheapest option, but it also requires a lot of time and effort on your part.
- Use a moving container service: Some companies offer moving containers that you can pack yourself and have shipped to your new home. This option can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Be flexible with your move-in date: If you’re able to be flexible with your move-in date, you may be able to find a cheaper option.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start looking for specific options for moving from Minnesota to New Mexico. Some potential options to explore include:
- Renting a moving truck: You can rent a moving truck from companies like U-Haul, Penske, or Budget and drive it yourself from Minnesota to New Mexico. Be sure to factor in the cost of gas, mileage, and any additional fees when comparing prices.
- Hiring a moving container service: Companies like PODS, U-Pack, and 1-800-PACK-RAT offer moving containers that you can pack yourself and have shipped to your new home. This can be a cost-effective option, but make sure to compare prices and read reviews before choosing a company.
- Hiring a moving company: Full-service moving companies like Mayflower, United, and North American can pack, load, and transport your belongings from Minnesota to New Mexico. This option will likely be more expensive than the other two, but it may be worth it if you don’t want to do the heavy lifting yourself. Again, be sure to get multiple quotes and read reviews before making a decision.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Minnesota To New Mexico
The time it takes to move from Minnesota to New Mexico depends on various factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the mode of transportation, the size of the move, and the specific route taken. If you are driving, the total distance is approximately 1,150 miles, and it may take around 16-18 hours of non-stop driving, depending on the route and traffic conditions. However, if you are hiring a moving company, the timeframe may vary depending on their schedule and availability. On average, a move of this distance may take around 2-5 days, depending on the moving company’s specific services and timeline. It’s best to consult with a moving company to get a more accurate estimate for your specific move.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?