If you are moving from Minnesota to Michigan, here are some things you might want to consider:
- Climate: Michigan has a colder and snowier climate than Minnesota, with the average temperature in the winter months hovering around the mid-20s. It’s also a bit rainier in the summer, with thunderstorms being a common occurrence.
- Cost of living: The cost of living in Michigan is lower than in Minnesota. Housing is particularly affordable in Michigan, with median home values being lower than the national average.
- Job market: Michigan has a diverse economy, with a significant presence in the automotive, healthcare, and technology industries. Unemployment rates have been falling in recent years, and the job market is expected to continue to improve.
- Education: Michigan has a range of excellent colleges and universities, including the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, and Wayne State University. Michigan also has an extensive public school system, with many highly rated schools.
- Recreation: Michigan is known for its beautiful natural scenery, including lakes, forests, and parks. The state is home to several national parks, including Isle Royale National Park, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
- Culture: Michigan has a diverse cultural scene, with a mix of urban and rural areas. Detroit is known for its music and art scenes, and Ann Arbor is home to the University of Michigan and a vibrant downtown area.
- Transportation: Michigan has an extensive transportation network, including major highways and airports. The state is also served by Amtrak and several bus lines.
Average Cost Of Moving From Minnesota To Michigan
The cost of moving from Minnesota to Michigan will depend on various factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the size of your move, the services you require, and the time of year you’re moving.
However, to give you a rough estimate, for a 1-bedroom move, the cost can range from $1,400 to $2,500, while a 2-bedroom move can cost between $2,800 to $4,100. These prices are based on an average distance of 670 miles between Minnesota and Michigan and include transportation costs, packing services, and loading and unloading.
If you need additional services such as packing materials, unpacking services, or storage, the cost will be higher. Additionally, if you’re moving during the peak season, which is typically between May and September, the cost can increase due to higher demand.
It’s always best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare prices and find the best deal for your move.
Movers From Minnesota To Michigan
There are several moving companies that offer services from Minnesota to Michigan. Here are five of them:
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is a nationwide moving company that offers long-distance moving services, including from Minnesota to Michigan. They have been in business for over 90 years and have a network of over 400 agents across the country.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is another nationwide moving company that offers services from Minnesota to Michigan. They have a wide range of moving services, including packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and transportation.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a well-known moving company that has been in business for over 90 years. They offer long-distance moving services, including from Minnesota to Michigan, and have a network of over 200 agents across the country.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a full-service moving company that offers a wide range of moving services, including from Minnesota to Michigan. They have been in business for over 90 years and have a network of over 400 agents across the country.
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that offers a variety of moving services, including from Minnesota to Michigan. They specialize in local and long-distance moves and have over 350 locations across the country.
Be sure to do your own research and compare prices and services before choosing a moving company for your move from Minnesota to Michigan.
Cheapest Way To Move From Minnesota To Michigan
The cheapest way to move from Minnesota to Michigan will depend on a few factors, such as the amount of belongings you need to move, your timeline, and your preferred level of convenience. Here are a few options to consider:
- Rent a moving truck: Renting a moving truck and driving it yourself is usually the most cost-effective option for long-distance moves. Companies like U-Haul, Budget, and Penske offer one-way truck rentals that allow you to pick up the truck in Minnesota and drop it off in Michigan. However, keep in mind that driving a large truck can be challenging, especially if you’re not used to it.
- Use a freight trailer: Another option is to rent a freight trailer from a company like U-Pack or ABF Freight. These trailers are dropped off at your home, and you load your belongings into them. The company then picks up the trailer and drives it to your new home in Michigan. This can be a more affordable option than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Hire a moving container: Companies like PODS and U-Pack offer moving containers that can be delivered to your home in Minnesota. You load your belongings into the container, and the company drives it to your new home in Michigan. This can be a convenient option if you need more time to pack or if you want to store your belongings for a period of time.
- Hire a moving company: If you prefer a full-service move where the moving company handles all aspects of the move, you can hire a moving company like Mayflower or United Van Lines. However, this is typically the most expensive option.
In general, the cost of moving from Minnesota to Michigan will depend on the size of your move, the distance between your two homes, and the specific moving company or rental truck you choose. It’s a good idea to get multiple quotes from different companies to compare prices and services.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Minnesota To Michigan
The time it takes to move from Minnesota to Michigan can vary depending on several factors such as the distance, the mode of transportation, the amount of belongings, and the moving company’s availability. Generally, if you’re moving your household items and furniture with a professional moving company, it could take around 1-2 days to complete the move, as the distance between Minnesota and Michigan is approximately 600 miles. However, this time can vary based on the specific circumstances of your move.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?