If you are planning to move from Massachusetts to Minnesota, there are some things you should consider to make your move successful:
- Plan your move well in advance: It is advisable to plan your move at least 2-3 months in advance to ensure everything is in order before the move date.
- Research moving companies: Look for reputable moving companies that specialize in long-distance moves. Get quotes from at least three different companies to compare prices and services.
- Pack carefully: Make sure all your belongings are properly packed and labeled. Consider hiring professional packers if you have fragile or valuable items.
- Notify important parties of your move: Let your employer, banks, and utility companies know about your move so that they can update your contact information.
- Familiarize yourself with Minnesota: Research the area you will be moving to and learn about the local culture and attractions.
- Get your new home ready: Before you move in, make sure your new home is clean and ready for your arrival. Consider having the carpets cleaned and the walls painted if necessary.
- Stay organized: Keep track of all your moving documents and receipts to avoid confusion during the move.
By following these tips, you can have a successful move from Massachusetts to Minnesota.
Average Cost Of Moving From Massachusetts To Minnesota
The cost of moving from Massachusetts to Minnesota will depend on several factors such as the distance, amount of belongings, and additional services needed. However, here’s a rough estimate of the cost based on different methods of moving:
- Self-Moving (Rental Truck): If you decide to rent a moving truck and drive it yourself from Massachusetts to Minnesota, the average cost can range from $1,700 to $2,300, depending on the size of the truck you choose.
- Moving Container: If you prefer a more flexible option, moving containers may be a good choice for you. The average cost for a 3-bedroom house using a moving container can range from $3,000 to $4,500.
- Full-Service Moving: If you opt for full-service moving, where the moving company handles everything from packing to transportation and unloading, the cost will likely be higher. The average cost for a move from Massachusetts to Minnesota with a full-service moving company is around $4,500 to $7,000.
Remember that these are just rough estimates, and the actual cost of your move may differ based on the specific details of your move. It’s always best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare prices and find the best deal.
Movers From Massachusetts To Minnesota
There are several moving companies that offer moving services from Massachusetts to Minnesota. Here are some examples:
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a full-service moving company that provides long-distance moving services from Massachusetts to Minnesota. They offer various packing and loading services and can customize their services to meet your specific needs.
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is a reputable moving company that offers reliable and affordable long-distance moving services from Massachusetts to Minnesota. They have a network of professional agents and movers who can help you with every aspect of your move.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a well-known moving company that offers long-distance moving services from Massachusetts to Minnesota. They offer a range of moving services, including packing, loading, and unloading, and have experienced movers who can handle your move efficiently.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is a top-rated moving company that provides long-distance moving services from Massachusetts to Minnesota. They have over 85 years of experience in the moving industry and offer personalized moving solutions to meet your specific needs.
- U-Pack: U-Pack is a self-moving company that offers long-distance moving services from Massachusetts to Minnesota. They provide you with a moving trailer or container that you can pack and load yourself, and then they transport it to your new home in Minnesota. This is a great option if you want to save money on your move.
Cheapest Way To Move From Massachusetts To Minnesota
The cheapest way to move from Massachusetts to Minnesota would depend on the amount of belongings you need to move and your preferred mode of transportation. Here are some options to consider:
- Rent a moving truck: This may be the cheapest option if you have a lot of belongings to move. You can rent a truck from a company like U-Haul or Budget and drive it yourself from Massachusetts to Minnesota.
- Ship your belongings: You can use a shipping service like UPS or FedEx to ship your belongings to Minnesota. This may be a good option if you don’t have a lot of belongings or if you don’t want to drive a moving truck.
- Use a freight service: Another option is to use a freight service like ABF Freight or Old Dominion Freight Line. These companies can move your belongings in a freight truck, which can be cheaper than using a traditional moving company.
- Hire a moving company: If you prefer to use a moving company, you can get quotes from several companies and compare their prices. Be sure to ask about any discounts they offer, such as off-season or mid-week discounts.
In general, the cheapest option will be to rent a moving truck and move your belongings yourself, but this may not be feasible if you have a lot of belongings or if you don’t feel comfortable driving a large truck for long distances.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Massachusetts To Minnesota
The distance between Massachusetts and Minnesota is around 1,200 miles, and the time it takes to move from Massachusetts to Minnesota can vary depending on several factors such as the mode of transportation, the route taken, the size of the moving truck, and the amount of belongings being moved.
If you are driving, it would take around 20 hours to drive straight through without stopping, but this can be longer if you are driving a moving truck or if you encounter traffic or bad weather. If you are using a professional moving service, the time it takes can also depend on the specific moving company, their schedule, and the services they offer. It’s best to check with the moving company for an estimated timeframe.