The distance between Louisiana and West Virginia is about 1,000 miles. If you’re planning on moving, it’s important to consider the logistics of such a long-distance move. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Plan ahead: Moving across the country can be a big undertaking, so it’s important to start planning as soon as possible. Make a checklist of everything you need to do, such as hiring a moving company, packing your belongings, and arranging for transportation.
- Research moving companies: There are many moving companies that specialize in long-distance moves, so do your research to find a reputable company with good reviews. Get quotes from multiple companies so you can compare prices and services.
- Pack strategically: When packing your belongings, be strategic about what you pack and how you pack it. Use sturdy boxes and packing materials to protect fragile items, and label each box with its contents and the room it belongs in.
- Consider storage options: If you’re not able to move all of your belongings to your new home right away, consider renting a storage unit to hold your items until you’re able to move them.
- Notify important parties: Be sure to notify important parties of your move, including your employer, banks, and utility companies. You’ll also need to update your address with the post office and anyone else who sends you mail.
Average Cost Of Moving From Louisiana To West Virginia
The cost of moving from Louisiana to West Virginia can vary depending on several factors such as the distance between the two locations, the volume of items being moved, and the specific services required. However, a rough estimate for a standard 2-3 bedroom move of approximately 1,000 miles can range from $4,000 to $7,000. It’s always best to obtain quotes from multiple moving companies to get a more accurate estimate based on your specific needs.
Movers From Louisiana To West Virginia
There are several moving companies that offer services from Louisiana to West Virginia. Here are a few options to consider:
- U-Pack: U-Pack offers affordable long-distance moving services. You load your belongings into a moving trailer or container, and U-Pack will transport it to your new home in West Virginia. They also offer storage options if needed.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a full-service moving company that can handle every aspect of your move from Louisiana to West Virginia, including packing, loading, transporting, unloading, and unpacking.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines offers a range of moving services, including packing, loading, unloading, and transporting your belongings to your new home in West Virginia.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is another full-service moving company that can handle your move from Louisiana to West Virginia. They offer packing, loading, transporting, unloading, and unpacking services, as well as storage options.
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that offers both local and long-distance moving services. They have locations throughout the United States, including Louisiana and West Virginia, and they can handle every aspect of your move.
When choosing a moving company, be sure to do your research and read reviews from previous customers to ensure you select a reputable and reliable company.
Cheapest Way To Move From Louisiana To West Virginia
The cheapest way to move from Louisiana to West Virginia will depend on several factors such as the size of your belongings, distance, time of year, and mode of transportation. Here are some options you can consider:
- Rent a moving truck: Renting a moving truck can be a cost-effective way to move your belongings from Louisiana to West Virginia. You can choose from several truck rental companies such as U-Haul, Penske, and Budget. The cost of renting a truck will depend on the size of the truck and the distance of your move.
- Ship your belongings: Shipping your belongings via a shipping or freight company can also be an affordable way to move from Louisiana to West Virginia. Companies such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS offer shipping services, and freight companies like ABF, Old Dominion, and Estes can also provide shipping services for larger items.
- Hire a moving company: Hiring a moving company may be more expensive than renting a truck or shipping your belongings, but it can be a convenient option if you have a lot of items to move or if you don’t want to handle the move yourself. You can compare quotes from different moving companies to find the most affordable option.
- Use a moving container: Moving containers can be a cheaper alternative to hiring a moving company. Companies like PODS and U-Pack offer moving containers that you can load and unload at your own pace. The cost of using a moving container will depend on the size of the container and the distance of your move.
Regardless of which option you choose, be sure to get multiple quotes, compare prices, and read reviews to ensure you get the best deal for your move from Louisiana to West Virginia.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Louisiana To West Virginia
The driving distance between Louisiana and West Virginia is around 1,030 miles, and the estimated driving time is about 16-18 hours depending on the specific route taken, traffic, and any stops made along the way. However, the total time it takes to move from Louisiana to West Virginia would also depend on various other factors, such as the mode of transportation (e.g. driving, flying), the amount of belongings being moved, the distance between the moving locations and the specific moving arrangements.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?