If you are moving from Kentucky to Oklahoma, here are some things you may want to consider:
- Cost of living: Oklahoma generally has a lower cost of living than Kentucky. Housing, utilities, and groceries are all less expensive in Oklahoma.
- Job market: The job market in Oklahoma varies depending on the industry, but the state has a strong presence in oil and gas, agriculture, and manufacturing.
- Climate: Oklahoma has a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. Kentucky has a humid continental climate with hot summers and cold winters.
- Culture and lifestyle: Oklahoma has a strong cowboy culture and is known for its rodeos and western heritage. The state is also home to many Native American tribes and has a rich history and culture.
- Outdoor activities: Oklahoma has many outdoor activities available, including hiking, fishing, hunting, and water sports. The state is home to several lakes and rivers, including Lake Texoma, Grand Lake, and the Arkansas River.
- Education: Oklahoma has a mix of public and private colleges and universities, including the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and Oral Roberts University.
- Transportation: Oklahoma has an extensive highway system, and major cities like Oklahoma City and Tulsa have public transportation options like buses and light rail.
Overall, moving from Kentucky to Oklahoma can offer a change of scenery and lifestyle. However, it’s important to do your research and consider all factors before making a decision.
Moving To Oklahoma Pros and Cons
Average Cost Of Moving From Kentucky To Oklahoma
The cost of moving from Kentucky to Oklahoma can vary depending on several factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of items being moved, and the specific services required. However, here is a rough estimate of the cost for a long-distance move (over 1000 miles) based on the size of your home:
- Studio/1 bedroom: $1,500 – $2,500
- 2-3 bedrooms: $3,000 – $6,000
- 4+ bedrooms: $5,000 – $10,000
These estimates are for a basic move that includes loading, transportation, and unloading of your items. Additional services such as packing, unpacking, and storage will increase the cost. It’s best to contact a few moving companies to get a more accurate quote based on your specific needs.
Moving Out Of Kentucky
Movers From Kentucky To Oklahoma
There are several moving companies that offer services from Kentucky to Oklahoma. Some of them are:
- U-Pack: U-Pack is a long-distance moving company that offers affordable moving services. They have a network of 240 service centers across the United States, including Kentucky and Oklahoma.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a full-service moving company that offers local, long-distance, and international moving services. They have a network of more than 500 agents across the United States, including Kentucky and Oklahoma.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is a moving company that offers a wide range of moving services, including local, long-distance, and international moves. They have a network of more than 500 agents across the United States, including Kentucky and Oklahoma.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a moving company that offers a range of moving services, including local, long-distance, and international moves. They have a network of more than 300 agents across the United States, including Kentucky and Oklahoma.
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that specializes in local and long-distance moving services. They have locations in both Kentucky and Oklahoma, and they offer a range of services to meet your moving needs.
It’s important to research and compare different moving companies to find one that best fits your needs and budget.
Cheapest Way To Move From Kentucky To Oklahoma
There are several options to consider when moving from Kentucky to Oklahoma on a budget. Here are a few:
- Rent a moving truck: Renting a moving truck and driving it yourself is typically one of the most affordable options. You’ll need to factor in the cost of gas, tolls, and any lodging or food expenses along the way. Make sure to compare prices from different rental companies to find the best deal.
- Use a freight trailer or container: Some companies offer freight trailers or containers that you can pack yourself and have transported to your new home. This can be a more affordable option than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Ship your belongings: If you have a small amount of belongings, you could consider shipping them via a parcel service or a shipping container. This can be a convenient and cost-effective option for small moves.
- Hire a moving labor company: You can hire a moving labor company to load and unload your belongings onto a rental truck. This can be a more affordable option than hiring a full-service moving company, but keep in mind that you’ll still need to factor in the cost of the truck rental and any other expenses.
Ultimately, the cheapest way to move from Kentucky to Oklahoma will depend on your specific needs and budget. Be sure to compare prices and services from different moving companies to find the best deal.
How To Move To Oklahoma On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From Kentucky To Oklahoma
The time it takes to move from Kentucky to Oklahoma can vary depending on various factors such as the distance between the two locations, the size of the moving truck, and the route taken. Typically, driving the distance of approximately 700 miles from Kentucky to Oklahoma can take around 11-12 hours. However, this does not account for factors such as traffic, weather conditions, rest stops, and any unexpected delays. Additionally, the time it takes to move can also depend on whether you are hiring professional movers or moving yourself, as well as the amount of packing and preparation required.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?
Comments are closed.