If you are planning to move from Kentucky to Illinois, there are a few things to consider to ensure a smooth and successful move. Here are some tips to help you with your move:
- Research the new location: Before making the move, it is important to research the new location to get an idea of what to expect. You can find information on the cost of living, schools, neighborhoods, job opportunities, and more.
- Hire a reputable moving company: Choose a reliable moving company with experience in long-distance moves. You can ask for recommendations from friends or family members, or search for companies online and read reviews.
- Get rid of unwanted items: Moving is an opportunity to declutter your home and get rid of unwanted items. Consider selling or donating items that you no longer need.
- Pack carefully: Make sure to pack your items carefully to avoid damage during transportation. Label boxes clearly to make unpacking easier.
- Notify relevant parties: Notify your employer, utility companies, and other relevant parties of your move to ensure a smooth transition.
- Update your address: Make sure to update your address with the post office, bank, and other important organizations.
- Prepare for the weather: Illinois experiences all four seasons, so make sure to prepare for the weather by bringing appropriate clothing and gear.
By following these tips, you can have a successful move from Kentucky to Illinois.
Average Cost Of Moving From Kentucky To Illinois
The cost of moving from Kentucky to Illinois will depend on several factors such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of household items being transported, and any additional services required. However, here is a rough estimate:
For a one-bedroom apartment, the cost of moving can range from $1,200 to $3,000. For a larger home with three or more bedrooms, the cost can range from $4,000 to $10,000 or more. These estimates may vary based on the specific moving company and their pricing, as well as any additional services required such as packing and unpacking, storage, or specialty item transport.
Movers From Kentucky To Illinois
There are many moving companies that offer services from Kentucky to Illinois. Here are a few options:
- Allied Van Lines: This moving company has over 90 years of experience in the industry and offers a range of services, including packing and loading/unloading, to make your move from Kentucky to Illinois as stress-free as possible.
- U-Haul: U-Haul is a popular moving truck rental company that can help you move your belongings from Kentucky to Illinois. You can choose from a range of truck sizes and towing equipment to suit your needs.
- North American Van Lines: With over 80 years of experience, North American Van Lines is a well-established moving company that can help you with your move from Kentucky to Illinois. They offer packing, loading/unloading, and transportation services.
- Mayflower: Mayflower has been in the moving business for over 90 years and can help you with your move from Kentucky to Illinois. They offer a variety of moving services and can customize their offerings to meet your specific needs.
- Two Men and a Truck: This moving company specializes in local and long-distance moves and can help you move your belongings from Kentucky to Illinois. They offer a variety of services, including packing, loading/unloading, and transportation.
Cheapest Way To Move From Kentucky To Illinois
The cheapest way to move from Kentucky to Illinois would depend on various factors such as the amount of items to be moved, distance, time of year, and other variables. Here are a few options you could consider:
- Renting a Moving Truck: Renting a moving truck can be a cost-effective option, particularly if you plan on doing the driving yourself. There are various truck rental companies such as U-Haul, Budget, and Penske that offer rental trucks at affordable rates. You would need to factor in the cost of fuel, tolls, and insurance when calculating the total cost.
- Hiring a Moving Container: Another cost-effective option would be to hire a moving container. Companies such as U-Pack, PODS, and 1-800-PACK-RAT offer moving containers that can be delivered to your home, allowing you to load and unload your items at your own pace. The company will then transport the container to your destination.
- Hiring a Professional Moving Company: Hiring a professional moving company may cost more than the above options, but it may be more convenient and save you time and energy. You could compare quotes from multiple moving companies to find the most affordable option. Some moving companies may offer special deals or discounts if you book in advance or move during the off-season.
- Downsizing: If you have a lot of items to move, downsizing could be a cost-effective option. You could sell, donate or dispose of items you no longer need or use, reducing the number of items that need to be moved. This would reduce the cost of hiring a moving company or renting a truck or container.
It is advisable to plan your move well in advance, as this would give you enough time to research and compare different options, negotiate deals, and find the most affordable option.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Kentucky To Illinois
The duration of a move from Kentucky to Illinois can vary depending on several factors such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of belongings being moved, the mode of transportation, and the time of year.
Assuming a distance of around 300-400 miles between the two locations, a move by truck can take between 1-2 days, while a move by train could take 3-4 days. Factors such as the time of year and weather conditions could also affect the duration of the move. It’s best to check with moving companies for more accurate estimates based on your specific circumstances.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?