Moving from Illinois to Washington can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in Washington, this will help you budget for your move.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to Washington.
- Search for a new home or apartment in Washington.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a moving container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in Washington if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain a Washington Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with Washington’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in Washington, like the Apple Health program which provides healthcare coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in Washington if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that Washington has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Moving To Washington Pros and Cons
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To Washington
The cost of moving from Illinois to Washington will vary depending on the size of your household and the distance between the two locations. On average, the cost of a long-distance move can range from $2,000 to $5,000 or more. It is recommended to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare prices. Factors such as the time of year, the size of the move, and any additional services needed (such as packing and storage) can also affect the cost.
Moving Out Of Illinois
Movers From Illinois To Washington
If you are moving from Illinois to Washington, there are several moving companies that can help with the process. You can find both local and national moving companies that specialize in long-distance moving. Before choosing a moving company, it’s important to get multiple quotes, compare services and prices, and read customer reviews to ensure you select a reputable and reliable company. Some popular moving companies that serve the Illinois to Washington route include United Van Lines, Atlas Van Lines, and Mayflower Moving.
Cheapest Way To Move From Illinois To Washington
The cheapest way to move from Illinois to Washington would depend on several factors such as the amount of belongings you have, the distance of the move, and the time of the year. Here are some options for the cheapest way to move from Illinois to Washington:
- Rent a moving truck or a trailer and drive the items yourself.
- Hire a professional moving company for a partial move, where they load and transport your belongings but you do the packing and unpacking.
- Hire a professional moving company for a full-service move, which would include packing, loading, transportation, and unpacking.
Regardless of the option you choose, it is recommended to compare quotes from multiple companies, to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible.
How To Move To Washington On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From Illinois To Washington
The time it takes to move from Illinois to Washington depends on several factors, such as the distance, mode of transportation, and any stops along the way. However, on average it takes about 2-3 days to drive from Illinois to Washington, or about 4-5 hours to fly.
Comments are closed.