Moving from Illinois to Utah can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in Utah, this will help you budget for your move.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to Utah.
- Search for a new home or apartment in Utah.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a moving container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in Utah if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain a Utah Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with Utah’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in Utah, like the Utah Medicaid program which provides health coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in Utah if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that Utah has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To Utah
The cost of moving from Illinois to Utah can vary depending on factors such as the distance of the move, the size of the household, and the type of moving services needed. On average, the cost of a long-distance move can range from $2,500 to $6,000 for a small household and up to $12,000 or more for a larger household. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare costs and services offered.
Movers From Illinois To Utah
There are several moving companies that offer services from Illinois to Utah, including:
- Penske Truck Rental
- Budget Truck Rental
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
- Allied Van Lines
- North American Van Lines
It’s advisable to research and compare different moving companies, their services, and prices before making a decision.
Cheapest Way To Move From Illinois To Utah
The cheapest way to move from Illinois to Utah would be to rent a moving truck and drive your belongings yourself, or to hire a moving company for a self-pack move where you pack your belongings and the company transports them. Compare quotes from several companies to find the best deal, and consider factors like insurance coverage, transit time, and cost.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Illinois To Utah
The estimated driving time from Illinois to Utah is approximately 13 hours, but this may vary based on factors such as traffic, road conditions, and stops along the way. The exact time it takes to move from Illinois to Utah will depend on several factors such as the distance of your move, the size of your household, and the method of transportation you choose.