Moving from Illinois to New Mexico can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in New Mexico, this will help you budget for your move.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to New Mexico.
- Search for a new home or apartment in New Mexico.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a moving container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in New Mexico if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain a New Mexico Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with New Mexico’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in New Mexico, like the Medicaid program which provides health coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in New Mexico if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that New Mexico has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To New Mexico
The cost of moving from Illinois to New Mexico will vary depending on factors such as the distance of the move, the amount and size of items being moved, and the specific moving company you choose. On average, a long-distance move from Illinois to New Mexico can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $7,000 or more. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare prices and services.
Movers From Illinois To New Mexico
For moving from Illinois to New Mexico, you can consider contacting several moving companies to get quotes and compare their services. Some popular movers include:
- Atlas Van Lines
- United Van Lines
- North American Van Lines
It’s recommended to check their customer reviews, licensing, and insurance before choosing one.
Cheapest Way To Move From Illinois To New Mexico
The cheapest way to move from Illinois to New Mexico would likely be by renting a moving truck and driving it yourself, or hiring a professional moving company to handle the move for you. Other options include using a self-service moving company, where you pack and load your belongings and the company transports them, or having a full-service moving company pack, load, and transport your belongings for you. The cost of your move will depend on factors such as the distance between your old and new homes, the size of your move, and the level of service you require. To get an accurate estimate, it is best to get quotes from multiple moving companies.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Illinois To New Mexico
The approximate driving time from Illinois to New Mexico is approximately 15-17 hours, depending on the specific route taken and driving conditions. This estimate is based on traveling by car and does not take into account factors such as breaks, traffic, and weather conditions, which can all affect the total travel time.