Moving from Illinois to New Hampshire can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in New Hampshire, this will help you budget for your move.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to New Hampshire.
- Search for a new home or apartment in New Hampshire.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a moving container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in New Hampshire if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain a New Hampshire Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with New Hampshire’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in New Hampshire, like the Medicaid program which provides health coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in New Hampshire if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that New Hampshire has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To New Hampshire
The cost of moving from Illinois to New Hampshire can vary depending on factors such as the distance of the move, the size of the household, and the type of moving services needed. On average, the cost of a long-distance move can range from $1,500 to $4,500 for a small household and up to $8,000 or more for a larger household. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare costs and services offered.
Movers From Illinois To New Hampshire
You can find several moving companies that offer moving services from Illinois to New Hampshire. Some popular options include:
- United Van Lines
- Atlas Van Lines
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
- North American Van Lines
- Mayflower Moving
It’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple movers, check their credentials and customer reviews before making a decision.
Cheapest Way To Move From Illinois To New Hampshire
The cheapest way to move from Illinois to New Hampshire would be to do it yourself. This can be achieved by renting a moving truck or trailer, and packing and loading your belongings into the vehicle. You can also hire movers to help you pack and load, but it will cost more. Additionally, you can consider options such as having a moving company transport your items in a shared container, which may cost less than a dedicated truck.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Illinois To New Hampshire
The time it takes to move from Illinois to New Hampshire depends on several factors such as the mode of transportation, the distance, and the route taken. On average, it can take anywhere from 15-18 hours of driving or 2-3 days if driving with multiple stops. By air, it can take around 2 hours.