Moving from Illinois to Missouri can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in Missouri, this will help you budget for your move.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to Missouri.
- Search for a new home or apartment in Missouri.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a moving container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in Missouri if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain a Missouri Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with Missouri’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in Missouri, like the Missouri HealthNet program which provides health coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in Missouri if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that Missouri has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To Missouri
The cost of moving from Illinois to Missouri can vary depending on factors such as the size of your move, the distance between the two locations, and the type of moving services you require. On average, the cost of a long-distance move can range anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000, but could be more or less. It is best to get a quote from a professional moving company for a more accurate estimate.