Moving from Illinois to Mississippi can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in Mississippi, this will help you budget for your move.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to Mississippi.
- Search for a new home or apartment in Mississippi.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a moving container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in Mississippi if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain a Mississippi Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with Mississippi’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in Mississippi, like the Medicaid program which provides health coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in Mississippi if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that Mississippi has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To Mississippi
The cost of moving from Illinois to Mississippi can vary depending on factors such as the distance of the move, the size of the household, and the type of moving services needed. On average, the cost of a long-distance move can range from $2,000 to $5,000 for a small household and up to $10,000 or more for a larger household. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare costs and services offered.
Movers From Illinois To Mississippi
There are many moving companies that offer services from Illinois to Mississippi. Some popular options include:
- Penske Truck Rental
- Budget Truck Rental
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
- Allied Van Lines
- North American Van Lines
It’s recommended to get multiple quotes and compare services and prices before choosing a mover.
Cheapest Way To Move From Illinois To Mississippi
The cheapest way to move from Illinois to Mississippi would be to rent a truck or a trailer and drive it yourself. You can also look into shipping options with companies such as U-Haul or Penske, or hire a moving company for a full-service move. Comparing prices from different options will help you determine the best option for your budget and specific needs.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Illinois To Mississippi
The estimated driving time from Illinois to Mississippi is approximately 11 to 13 hours, covering a distance of approximately 710 miles. However, the actual time it takes to move will depend on factors such as road conditions, stops made during the trip, and the speed of travel.