Moving from Illinois to Maine can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in Maine, this will help you budget for your move. Keep in mind that Maine is a remote state and many goods and services may cost more than in other states.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to Maine, if possible.
- Search for a new home or apartment in Maine.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a shipping container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in Maine if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain a Maine Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with Maine’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in Maine, like the MaineCare program which provides health coverage for low-income individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in Maine if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that Maine has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To Maine
The cost of moving from Illinois to Maine can vary depending on factors such as the distance of the move, the size of the household, and the type of moving services needed. On average, the cost of a long-distance move can range from $3,000 to $6,000 for a small household and up to $12,000 or more for a larger household. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare costs and services offered.
Moving Out Of Illinois
Movers From Illinois To Maine
There are several moving companies that offer services from Illinois to Maine, including:
- Penske Truck Rental
- Budget Truck Rental
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
- Allied Van Lines
- North American Van Lines
It’s advisable to research and compare different moving companies, their services, and prices before making a decision.
Cheapest Way To Move From Illinois To Maine
The cheapest way to move from Illinois to Maine would be to rent a moving truck and do the move yourself, or to hire a moving company that offers a budget-friendly option such as a rental truck and labor services, or to hire a full-service mover with a lower rate. It’s also advisable to compare quotes from multiple movers, plan the move during the off-peak season, and consider the cost of packing and storage, if needed.
How To Move To Maine On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From Illinois To Maine
The time it takes to move from Illinois to Maine would depend on various factors such as the mode of transportation, route taken, and road conditions. On average, it takes about 16 to 18 hours of driving time to cover the approximate distance of 900 miles (1450 km) between the two states. However, this is just an estimate, and the actual time may vary.
Comments are closed.