Moving from Illinois to Idaho can be a complex process, but by breaking it down into smaller steps, it can be manageable. Below are some steps to consider:
- Research the cost of living and housing in Idaho, this will help you budget for your move.
- Find a new job or transfer your current job to Idaho.
- Search for a new home or apartment in Idaho.
- Arrange for the transportation of your belongings, you can hire a professional moving company, rent a moving truck or use a moving container service.
- Notify the appropriate government agencies of your change of address including the post office, the DMV, and the IRS.
- Register to vote in Idaho if you plan to vote in the state.
- Update your address on all your important documents like bank accounts, insurance policies, licenses, etc.
- Obtain an Idaho Driver’s License and vehicle registration if you plan to drive in the state.
- Set up new utility services for your new home like electricity, gas, internet, and cable.
- Inform family and friends of your new address and contact information.
- Review and comply with Idaho’s state tax laws and regulations.
- Research about the healthcare system and options available in Idaho, like the Your Health Idaho program which provides health coverage options for individuals and families.
- Research on schools and education options if you have kids.
- Look into any specific professional licenses or certifications you may need to obtain in Idaho if you are in a profession that requires it.
Keep in mind that Idaho has different laws and regulations compared to Illinois, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them before moving. And don’t forget to enjoy the new adventure and explore the new place.
Average Cost Of Moving From Illinois To Idaho
The cost of moving from Illinois to Idaho can vary depending on factors such as the distance of the move, the size of the household, and the type of moving services needed. On average, the cost of a long-distance move can range from $2,000 to $5,000 for a small household and up to $10,000 or more for a larger household. It’s best to get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare costs and services offered.
Movers From Illinois To Idaho
There are many moving companies that offer services from Illinois to Idaho. Some popular options include:
- Penske Truck Rental
- Budget Truck Rental
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
- Allied Van Lines
- North American Van Lines
It’s recommended to get multiple quotes and compare services and prices before choosing a mover.
Cheapest Way To Move From Illinois To Idaho
The cheapest way to move from Illinois to Idaho is likely to be through road transportation using a rental truck or a moving truck company. This method is cost-effective because it allows you to pack and transport your belongings at your own pace. You may also be able to save money by packing and preparing your items for transportation yourself. Additionally, comparing prices from multiple truck rental companies or moving companies can help you find the best deal.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Illinois To Idaho
The driving time from Illinois to Idaho can take around 20 hours, but the exact time will depend on factors such as the specific starting and ending locations, road conditions, and stops made along the way.