Moving from Florida to Missouri can be a big change, as the two states have different climates, cultures, and lifestyles. Here are a few things to consider when planning your move:
- Climate: Missouri has a humid continental climate, with cold winters and hot summers. Florida has a subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. Make sure you’re prepared for the change in weather and the colder temperatures in the winter.
- Cost of living: Missouri generally has a lower cost of living than Florida, especially when it comes to housing and taxes. Make sure you have enough savings to cover the cost of living in the area you’re moving to.
- Job market: Missouri has a strong job market with a diverse economy and low unemployment rate. Florida also has a strong job market, but it may be different than the one you’re used to. Research the job market in the area you’re moving to and make sure you have a plan for finding work.
- Culture: Missouri is known for its rich history, agriculture, and outdoor recreation. Florida has a more laid-back culture. Make sure you’re comfortable with the culture in the area you’re moving to.
- Moving logistics: Make sure you have all the necessary documents, like a driver’s license and car registration, and that you have a plan for moving your belongings.
Overall, moving from Florida to Missouri can be a great opportunity, but it’s important to do your research and be prepared for the changes.
Here are some additional things to consider when moving from Florida to Missouri:
- Taxes: Missouri has a low state income tax compared to Florida, and property taxes are also considered low in comparison. It’s important to be aware of the tax laws in the area you’re moving to and plan accordingly.
- Insurance: Missouri has different insurance requirements than Florida, make sure you have the right insurance coverage before you move.
- Natural Disasters: Florida is known for its hurricanes, while Missouri is known for its tornadoes, thunderstorms, and occasional flooding. Be aware of the natural disaster risks in your new area and prepare accordingly.
- Real estate market: Missouri has a diverse real estate market with a wide range of prices depending on the area, while Florida’s real estate market is considered to be one of the most expensive in the country. Make sure you have a good understanding of the real estate market in the area you’re moving to and that you’re comfortable with the prices of homes and apartments.
- Sports and recreation: Missouri has a lot to offer in terms of sports and recreation, with many outdoor activities, professional teams, and natural beauty. Florida also has a lot to offer, but it’s different from Missouri. Research the sports and recreational opportunities in the area you’re moving to and make sure it aligns with your interests.
- Transportation: Missouri has a well-developed transportation system with highways, airports and public transportation that connect major cities in the state. Make sure you research the transportation options in the area you’re moving to and plan accordingly.
It’s a good idea to do your research and be prepared for the changes before making your move. Reach out to local authorities and make sure you have all the necessary documents and information before making the move.
Average Cost Of Moving From Florida To Missouri
The cost of moving from Florida to Missouri will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from Florida to Missouri can cost anywhere from $3,500 to $10,000 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Kansas City or St. Louis might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.
Movers From Florida To Missouri
There are many movers that offer moving services from Florida to Missouri. Some of the popular options are:
- United Van Lines
- Atlas Van Lines
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
- Arpin Van Lines
- North American Van Lines
You can compare quotes from multiple movers, read customer reviews, and make an informed decision based on your specific needs.
Cheapest Way To Move From Florida To Missouri
The cheapest way to move from Florida to Missouri is to opt for a DIY move by renting a moving truck or trailer and making multiple trips. This is the most cost-effective option, but it also requires the most time and physical effort. You can also consider hiring a moving company for a partial move, which is less expensive than a full-service move but still provides some professional assistance. You can compare prices and services of different moving companies to find the best option for you.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Florida To Missouri
The approximate driving time from Florida to Missouri is approximately 20 hours, depending on the route taken and traffic conditions. Moving by air takes approximately 3 hours.