Moving from Florida to Mississippi can be a big change, as the two states have different climates, cultures, and lifestyles. Here are a few things to consider when planning your move:
- Climate: Mississippi has a humid subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. Florida also has a subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters, but Mississippi tends to be much more humid, and with more extreme temperature fluctuations. Make sure you’re prepared for the change in weather.
- Cost of living: Mississippi generally has a lower cost of living than Florida, especially when it comes to housing and food costs. Make sure you have enough savings to cover the cost of living in the area you’re moving to.
- Job market: Mississippi has a diverse economy with a growing number of service-based industries and agriculture, but it may be different than the one you’re used to. Research the job market in the area you’re moving to and make sure you have a plan for finding work.
- Culture: Mississippi is known for its rich history, southern hospitality, and blues music. Florida also has a lot to offer in terms of culture, but it’s different than Mississippi. Make sure you’re comfortable with the culture in the area you’re moving to.
- Moving logistics: Make sure you have all the necessary documents, like a driver’s license and car registration, and that you have a plan for moving your belongings.
- Services and amenities: Mississippi has a good range of services and amenities, including good schools, hospitals, and shopping centers, but it may be different than what you’re used to in Florida. Research the services and amenities available in the area you’re moving to and plan accordingly.
- Education: Mississippi has a strong education system, with many good public and private schools in the state. Florida also has a good education system, but it may be different than Mississippi’s. Research the schools in the area you’re moving to and make sure you’re comfortable with the education options available.
- Transportation: Mississippi has a well-developed transportation system with highways, airports, and public transportation that connect major cities in the state. Make sure you research the transportation options in the area you’re moving to and plan accordingly.
- Sports and recreation: Mississippi has a variety of outdoor recreational activities, such as hunting, fishing and boating, if you enjoy these activities, you will be pleased to know Mississippi has plenty of opportunities for these activities.
- Healthcare: Mississippi has a good healthcare system, but it may be different than what you’re used to in Florida. Research the healthcare options in the area you’re moving to and make sure you’re comfortable with the healthcare options available.
It’s a good idea to do your research and be prepared for the changes before making your move. Reach out to local authorities and make sure you have all the necessary documents and information before making the move.
Average Cost Of Moving From Florida To Mississippi
The cost of moving from Florida to Mississippi will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from Florida to Mississippi can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Jackson or Gulfport might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.
Movers From Florida To Mississippi
There are many moving companies that provide services from Florida to Mississippi. Some popular options include:
- All My Sons Moving & Storage
- United Van Lines
- Atlas Van Lines
- Two Men and a Truck
- Bekins Van Lines
It’s recommended to compare multiple quotes from different movers and read customer reviews before making a final decision.
Cheapest Way To Move From Florida To Mississippi
The cheapest way to move from Florida to Mississippi is by using a moving truck rental. You can also save money by packing your own belongings and disassembling large furniture items. Compare prices from multiple truck rental companies and ask for quotes from moving companies to find the best deal. You can also look for discounts and special promotions. Additionally, moving during the off-season (September to May) can also result in lower prices.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Florida To Mississippi
The estimated time to drive from Florida to Mississippi is around 9 hours without stops, but moving a household could take longer as it depends on factors such as the amount of household items, travel distance, and traffic. A moving company typically takes 2-5 days for a cross-country move.