Moving from Connecticut to Ohio can be a long-distance move, depending on your starting point and your destination in Ohio. If you are moving from southern Connecticut to northern Ohio, the distance can be over 700 miles, which may take over 11 hours of driving. Here are some steps to consider when making this move:
- Create a moving plan: Plan your move ahead of time by creating a moving plan. Consider the dates you want to move, the items you want to take, and the movers you want to hire.
- Sort and declutter: Before you start packing, sort through your belongings and declutter. Donate, sell, or throw away anything that you no longer need or use.
- Hire a moving company: Consider hiring a reputable moving company to assist with your move. Make sure you get quotes from several different companies and ask for references.
- Pack and label your belongings: Pack your belongings carefully and label your boxes to ensure that they end up in the correct room when you arrive at your new home.
- Notify utilities and services: Notify your utilities, internet, and other services about your move and schedule to have them disconnected or transferred to your new address.
- Update your address: Update your address with your bank, credit card companies, and other important organizations.
- Prepare for the trip: Plan for the long drive by packing snacks, drinks, and entertainment for the car ride. Make sure you also have a plan for overnight stops, if necessary.
- Settle into your new home: Once you arrive at your new home, unpack and get settled in. Don’t forget to update your driver’s license and vehicle registration with your new address.
Average Cost Of Moving From Connecticut To Ohio
The cost of moving from Connecticut to Ohio depends on various factors such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of stuff you are moving, the time of the year, and additional services required such as packing and storage. On average, the cost of moving from Connecticut to Ohio can range from $2,500 to $6,000 for a two to three-bedroom home. However, this is only an estimate, and you should request quotes from multiple moving companies to get a more accurate idea of the cost.
Movers From Connecticut To Ohio
There are several moving companies that offer services from Connecticut to Ohio. Here are some examples:
- Allied Van Lines: This company offers full-service moving and storage solutions. They have a wide network of agents and offices across the country, including in Connecticut and Ohio.
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is another reputable moving company that offers interstate moving services. They have over 300 locations across the United States, including in Connecticut and Ohio.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is a moving and storage company that has been in business for over 85 years. They offer a range of services, including packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and transportation.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a well-known moving company that offers a variety of moving services, including long-distance and interstate moves. They have agents and offices throughout the United States, including in Connecticut and Ohio.
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that specializes in residential and commercial moving. They offer customizable moving plans and have locations throughout the United States, including in Connecticut and Ohio.
It’s important to do your research and compare quotes from multiple companies before choosing a moving company. You can also check each company’s reviews and ratings to ensure they have a good reputation.
Cheapest Way To Move From Connecticut To Ohio
The cheapest way to move from Connecticut to Ohio depends on various factors such as the distance, the amount of belongings you need to move, and the time of the year. Here are some tips to help you save money on your move:
- Choose the right time: If you can be flexible with your move-in date, you can save money by avoiding peak moving season (June to September) and scheduling your move during the off-season.
- Declutter: Get rid of any items you don’t need or want before you move. This will reduce the number of items you need to move, which can save you money on your move.
- Hire a moving company: Hiring a moving company can be expensive, but it can also save you time and effort. Be sure to compare quotes from several moving companies and choose the one that offers the best value for your money.
- Rent a truck: If you’re moving a small number of items, you might be able to save money by renting a truck and doing the move yourself.
- Use portable storage: Portable storage units can be a cost-effective way to move your belongings, especially if you need to store them for a period of time.
Ultimately, the cheapest way to move from Connecticut to Ohio will depend on your specific circumstances. Be sure to research your options and compare prices to find the best deal.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Connecticut To Ohio
The time it takes to move from Connecticut to Ohio depends on various factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the mode of transportation, the size of the move, and the specific route taken. If you are driving from Connecticut to Ohio, it would take around 8-10 hours, assuming no major traffic delays. If you are using a moving truck or hiring a moving company, the time may vary depending on the specific arrangements made. It’s best to consult with a moving company for an estimate based on your individual circumstances.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?