Moving from California to Washington can be a big change and requires a lot of planning. Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a move from California to Washington:
- Hire a reputable moving company: It’s important to do your research and hire a moving company that is licensed and insured. Ask for quotes from multiple companies and read reviews before making a decision.
- Make a list of items to bring: Make a list of the items you want to bring with you and determine which items you no longer need or can’t take with you.
- Check for state regulations: Look into any regulations or restrictions for moving certain items, such as plants or firearms, across state lines.
- Register your vehicle: You’ll need to register your vehicle in Washington within 60 days of moving there.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with the post office, banks, and other important contacts.
- Research the area: Before moving, research the area you’ll be living in to learn more about the cost of living, job opportunities, and the community.
- Weather: Be prepared for a much different weather than what you are used to, Washington has mild summers and cool winters, with a lot of rain and clouds.
- Cost of living: Washington has a higher cost of living than California, specially housing, so it’s important to be aware of that and plan accordingly.
- Seasons: Washington has four distinct seasons, so be prepared for the different temperatures and weather conditions.
- Natural beauty: Washington is known for its natural beauty, such as the Mount Rainier, the Olympic National Park, and the North Cascades, so take advantage of that and explore the state.
- Job market: Washington has a strong economy with a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, and aerospace, so research job opportunities in your desired field.
- State taxes: Washington state does not have a state income tax, but it does have a sales tax, which may be higher than what you’re used to in California.
- Traffic: Some areas of Washington, especially in the Seattle area, can have heavy traffic, so plan accordingly and allow extra time for commuting.
- Rain: Be prepared for the rain, Washington is known for its wet weather and it rains a lot, especially during the fall and winter months, so pack appropriate clothing and footwear.
Overall, moving from California to Washington can be a big change, but with proper planning and preparation, it can be a smooth transition. It’s important to research and plan for the cost of living, job market, and weather conditions in the area you plan to move to.
Average Cost Of Moving From California To Washington
The cost of moving from California to Washington will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from California to Washington can cost anywhere from $3,500 to $10,000 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Seattle or Tacoma might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.
Movers From California To Washington
There are many moving companies that offer services from California to Washington state. Some popular options include North American Van Lines, Allied Van Lines, United Van Lines, and Penske Truck Rental. Before selecting a mover, be sure to research their reputation and compare quotes from multiple companies to ensure you get the best price and service.
Cheapest Way To Move From California To Washington
The cheapest way to move from California to Washington would be to rent a U-Haul truck or trailer, or hire a moving company that specializes in long-distance moves. You can compare prices and services of different moving companies and choose the one that suits your budget and needs. You can also opt for self-moving by renting a U-Haul truck or trailer, but this will require you to pack, load, and drive the truck yourself.
How Long Does It Take To Move From California To Washington
The average driving time from California to Washington is about 13 hours, but this can vary depending on the exact starting and ending points, traffic, road conditions, and driving speed.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?