Moving from California to Pennsylvania can be a big change and requires a lot of planning. Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a move from California to Pennsylvania:
- Hire a reputable moving company: It’s important to do your research and hire a moving company that is licensed and insured. Ask for quotes from multiple companies and read reviews before making a decision.
- Make a list of items to bring: Make a list of the items you want to bring with you and determine which items you no longer need or can’t take with you.
- Check for state regulations: Look into any regulations or restrictions for moving certain items, such as plants or firearms, across state lines.
- Register your vehicle: You’ll need to register your vehicle in Pennsylvania within 20 days of moving there.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with the post office, banks, and other important contacts.
- Research the area: Before moving, research the area you’ll be living in to learn more about the cost of living, job opportunities, and the community.
- Weather: Be prepared for a much different weather than what you are used to, Pennsylvania has cold and snowy winters and hot and humid summers.
- Cost of living: Pennsylvania has a lower cost of living than California, specially housing and transportation, so it’s important to be aware of that and plan accordingly.
- Seasons: Pennsylvania has four distinct seasons, so be prepared for the different temperatures and weather conditions.
- Property Tax: Property taxes in Pennsylvania are generally higher than California, so it’s important to take that into account when budgeting.
Overall, moving from California to Pennsylvania can be a big change, but with proper planning and preparation, it can be a smooth transition.
Average Cost Of Moving From California To Pennsylvania
The cost of moving from California to Pennsylvania will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from California to Pennsylvania can cost anywhere from $4,500 to $12,000 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Philadelphia might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.
Movers From California to Pennsylvania
You can find many moving companies that provide moving services from California to Pennsylvania. Some of the popular ones are:
- Two Men and a Truck
- North American Van Lines
- Allied Van Lines
- United Van Lines
Before hiring a moving company, it’s recommended to get quotes from multiple movers, check their reviews, and compare their services and prices.
Cheapest Way To Move From California to Pennsylvania
The cheapest way to move from California to Pennsylvania would be to rent a moving truck or use a moving container and do the move yourself, or to hire a budget moving company. You can also consider asking friends and family to help you with the move. Packing and preparing items properly, minimizing the amount of items you move, and having a flexible timeline can also help lower the cost of moving.
How Long Does It Take To Move From California to Pennsylvania
The average driving time from California to Pennsylvania is about 66 hours, but this can vary depending on the exact starting and ending points, traffic, road conditions, and driving speed.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?