Moving from California to Oklahoma can be a big change and requires a lot of planning. Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a move from California to Oklahoma:
- Hire a reputable moving company: It’s important to do your research and hire a reputable moving company that is licensed and insured. Ask for quotes from multiple companies and read reviews before making a decision.
- Make a list of items to bring: Make a list of the items you want to bring with you and determine which items you no longer need or can’t take with you.
- Check for state regulations: Look into any regulations or restrictions for moving certain items, such as plants or firearms, across state lines.
- Register your vehicle: You’ll need to register your vehicle in Oklahoma within 30 days of moving there.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with the post office, banks, and other important contacts.
- Research the area: Before moving, research the area you’ll be living in to learn more about the cost of living, job opportunities, and the community.
- Weather: Be prepared for a much different weather than what you are used to, Oklahoma has hot summers and cold winters.
- Cost of living: Oklahoma has a lower cost of living than California, specially housing and transportation, so it’s important to be aware of that and plan accordingly.
- Seasons: Oklahoma has four distinct seasons, so be prepared for the different temperatures and weather conditions.
- Natural beauty: Oklahoma is known for its natural beauty, such as the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, the Oklahoma City National Memorial and the Turner Falls Park, so take advantage of that and explore the state.
- Job market: Oklahoma has a diverse economy with a variety of industries, including energy, healthcare, and education, so research job opportunities in your desired field.
- State taxes: Oklahoma has a flat income tax rate of 5% and a sales tax of 4.5%, which may be lower than what you’re used to in California.
Overall, moving from California to Oklahoma can be a big change, but with proper planning and preparation, it can be a smooth transition. It’s important to research and plan for the cost of living, job market, and weather conditions in the area you plan to move to.
Average Cost Of Moving From California To Oklahoma
The cost of moving from California to Oklahoma will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from California to Oklahoma can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Oklahoma City or Tulsa might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.
Movers From California To Oklahoma
Here are a few moving companies that offer moving services from California to Oklahoma:
- North American Van Lines
- United Van Lines
- Bekins Moving Solutions
- Atlas Van Lines
It’s always a good idea to get multiple quotes and compare services, prices, and customer reviews before making a decision.
Cheapest Way To Move From California To Oklahoma
The cheapest way to move from California to Oklahoma is by using a moving truck rental company and doing the move yourself. You can also hire a professional moving company for a full-service move, but it will be more expensive. To save money, you can also consider hiring a moving labor company to load and unload the truck, while you handle the driving. Another option is to use a portable container company, which will bring a container to your home for you to pack, then transport it to your new location. You can also opt for a combination of these methods for a cost-effective and customized move.
How Long Does It Take To Move From California To Oklahoma
The average driving time from California to Oklahoma is about 15 hours, but this can vary depending on the exact starting and ending points, traffic, road conditions, and driving speed.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?