Moving from California to New Mexico can be a big change and requires a lot of planning. Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a move from California to New Mexico:
- Hire a reputable moving company: It’s important to do your research and hire a reputable moving company that is licensed and insured. Ask for quotes from multiple companies and read reviews before making a decision.
- Make a list of items to bring: Make a list of the items you want to bring with you and determine which items you no longer need or can’t take with you.
- Check for state regulations: Look into any regulations or restrictions for moving certain items, such as plants or firearms, across state lines.
- Register your vehicle: You’ll need to register your vehicle in New Mexico within 30 days of moving there.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with the post office, banks, and other important contacts.
- Research the area: Before moving, research the area you’ll be living in to learn more about the cost of living, job opportunities, and the community.
- Weather: Be prepared for a much different weather than what you are used to, New Mexico has hot summers and cold winters.
- Cost of living: New Mexico has a lower cost of living than California, specially housing and transportation, so it’s important to be aware of that and plan accordingly.
- Seasons: New Mexico has a semi-arid climate, with hot summers and cold winters, and a high chance of rain and thunderstorms throughout the year.
- Natural beauty: New Mexico is known for its natural beauty, such as the White Sands National Monument, the Carlsbad Caverns and the Gila Wilderness, so take advantage of that and explore the state.
- Job market: New Mexico has a diverse economy with a variety of industries, including healthcare, education and tourism, so research job opportunities in your desired field.
- State taxes: New Mexico has a progressive income tax rate that ranges from 1.7% to 4.9% and a sales tax of 5.125%, which may be lower than what you’re used to in California.
Overall, moving from California to New Mexico can be a big change, but with proper planning and preparation, it can be a smooth transition. It’s important to research and plan for the cost of living, job market, and weather conditions in the area you plan to move to.
Moving To New Mexico Pros and Cons
Average Cost Of Moving From California To New Mexico
The cost of moving from California to New Mexico will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from California to New Mexico can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $7,500 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Albuquerque or Santa Fe might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.
Movers From California To New Mexico
There are several moving companies that offer services from California to New Mexico. Some of the top ones include:
- Allied Van Lines
- North American Van Lines
- United Van Lines
- Mayflower Transit
- Bekins Van Lines
You can also find local moving companies in California and New Mexico that may provide more personalized and cost-effective options for your move.
Cheapest Way To Move From California To New Mexico
The cheapest way to move from California to New Mexico is by renting a U-Haul or a budget moving truck and making the drive yourself, or by hiring a moving company that provides long-distance moving services at an affordable price. Other cost-saving options include packing and unpacking your belongings yourself, and booking your move during the off-season, when demand for moving services is lower.
How To Move To New Mexico On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From California To New Mexico
The average driving time from California to New Mexico is about 13 hours, but this can vary depending on the exact starting and ending points, traffic, road conditions, and driving speed.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?
Comments are closed.