Moving from California to Missouri can be a big change and requires a lot of planning. Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a move from California to Missouri:
- Hire a reputable moving company: It’s important to do your research and hire a reputable moving company that is licensed and insured. Ask for quotes from multiple companies and read reviews before making a decision.
- Make a list of items to bring: Make a list of the items you want to bring with you and determine which items you no longer need or can’t take with you.
- Check for state regulations: Look into any regulations or restrictions for moving certain items, such as plants or firearms, across state lines.
- Register your vehicle: You’ll need to register your vehicle in Missouri within 30 days of moving there.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with the post office, banks, and other important contacts.
- Research the area: Before moving, research the area you’ll be living in to learn more about the cost of living, job opportunities, and the community.
- Weather: Be prepared for a much different weather than what you are used to, Missouri has hot summers and cold winters.
- Cost of living: Missouri has a lower cost of living than California, especially in housing and transportation, so it’s important to be aware of that and plan accordingly.
- Seasons: Missouri has four distinct seasons, so be prepared for the different temperatures and weather conditions.
- Natural beauty: Missouri is known for its natural beauty, such as the Mark Twain National Forest, the Katy Trail State Park and the Gateway Arch, so take advantage of that and explore the state.
- Job market: Missouri has a diverse economy with a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, and education, so research job opportunities in your desired field.
- State taxes: Missouri has a flat income tax rate of 5.4% and a sales tax of 4.225%, which may be lower than what you’re used to in California.
Overall, moving from California to Missouri can be a big change, but with proper planning and preparation, it can be a smooth transition. It’s important to research and plan for the cost of living, job market, and weather conditions in the area you plan to move to.
Average Cost Of Moving From California To Missouri
The cost of moving from California to Missouri will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from California to Missouri can cost anywhere from $3,500 to $10,000 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Kansas City or St. Louis might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.