Moving from California to Illinois can be a big change and requires a lot of planning. Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning a move from California to Illinois:
- Hire a reputable moving company: It’s important to do your research and hire a moving company that is licensed and insured. Ask for quotes from multiple companies and read reviews before making a decision.
- Make a list of items to bring: Make a list of the items you want to bring with you and determine which items you no longer need or can’t take with you.
- Check for state regulations: Look into any regulations or restrictions for moving certain items, such as plants or firearms, across state lines.
- Register your vehicle: You’ll need to register your vehicle in Illinois within 30 days of moving there.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with the post office, banks, and other important contacts.
- Research the area: Before moving, research the area you’ll be living in to learn more about the cost of living, job opportunities, and the community.
- Weather: Be prepared for a much different weather than what you are used to, Illinois has cold and snowy winters and hot and humid summers.
- Cost of living: Illinois has a lower cost of living than California, specially housing and transportation, so it’s important to be aware of that and plan accordingly.
- Seasons: Illinois has four distinct seasons, so be prepared for the different temperatures and weather conditions.
- Real estate taxes: Illinois is known for having high property taxes, so it’s important to take that into account when budgeting for a home.
Overall, moving from California to Illinois can be a big change, but with proper planning and preparation, it can be a smooth transition.
Average Cost Of Moving From California To Illinois
The cost of moving from California to Illinois will depend on several factors, including the amount of belongings you need to move, the distance between your current and new homes, and the type of moving service you choose. On average, a long-distance move from California to Illinois can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $9,000 or more. Factors that can affect the cost include the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move, and any additional services you may need, such as packing and unpacking or storage. It is recommended to get multiple quotes from different moving companies to compare costs and services. Keep in mind that moving to a big city like Chicago might have additional costs like parking and storage permits, which can add up.
Movers From California to Illinois
For a list of moving companies from California to Illinois, you can check websites like Yelp, HomeAdvisor, or Angie’s List. Some popular movers are:
- Atlas Van Lines
- United Van Lines
- Bekins Van Lines
It’s important to research and compare multiple companies, read reviews, and get quotes before making a final decision.
Cheapest Way To Move From California to Illinois
The cheapest way to move from California to Illinois could be by using a moving truck rental service, having a self-service move, or hiring a budget moving company. Comparing quotes from multiple providers can help find the best option that fits your budget and moving needs.
How Long Does It Take To Move From California to Illinois
The average driving time from California to Illinois is about 30 hours, but this can vary depending on the exact starting and ending points, traffic, road conditions, and driving speed.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?