If you are moving from Alabama to Oklahoma, here are some things you may want to consider:
- Climate: Oklahoma has a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and cool winters. Compared to Alabama, the summers in Oklahoma can be a bit hotter and the winters can be colder.
- Cost of living: The cost of living in Oklahoma is generally lower than in Alabama. You may find that housing, groceries, and other daily expenses are less expensive in Oklahoma.
- Employment: The job market in Oklahoma is diverse and includes a range of industries such as oil and gas, agriculture, and aerospace. If you’re moving for work, you may want to research job opportunities in your field in Oklahoma.
- Outdoor recreation: Oklahoma offers plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities, including hiking, fishing, and camping. Be sure to explore the state’s national parks and scenic areas.
- Culture: Oklahoma has a unique culture that reflects its Native American heritage, cowboy history, and modern city life. You may want to explore the state’s museums, art galleries, and music venues to get a better sense of the local culture.
- Education: Oklahoma has a number of public and private universities, including the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University. If you’re considering furthering your education, you may want to research the schools in the state to find one that meets your needs.
- Transportation: Oklahoma has a well-developed transportation network that includes major highways, airports, and public transit systems in its major cities. You may want to research transportation options to determine the best way to get around the state.
Moving To Oklahoma Pros and Cons
Average Cost Of Moving From Alabama To Oklahoma
The cost of moving from Alabama to Oklahoma can vary depending on several factors such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of belongings being moved, the time of the year, and additional services required.
On average, the cost of a long-distance move from Alabama to Oklahoma can range from $3,000 to $7,000 for a 2-3 bedroom home. This estimate includes the cost of packing materials, transportation, and basic insurance coverage.
However, it is recommended to obtain quotes from several moving companies to get a more accurate estimate based on your specific moving needs.
Moving Out Of Alabama
Movers From Alabama To Oklahoma
There are several moving companies that offer services from Alabama to Oklahoma. Here are a few:
- U-Pack: U-Pack is a national moving company that specializes in long-distance moving. They offer affordable rates and flexible moving options, including door-to-door delivery and storage.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is a full-service moving company that offers a range of moving services, including packing, loading, and unloading. They also offer long-distance moving services from Alabama to Oklahoma.
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is another full-service moving company that offers long-distance moving services from Alabama to Oklahoma. They have been in business for over 85 years and have a reputation for providing high-quality moving services.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a national moving company that offers a range of moving services, including long-distance moving from Alabama to Oklahoma. They have a network of over 200 agents across the country and offer competitive pricing and excellent customer service.
- Two Men and a Truck: Two Men and a Truck is a locally owned and operated moving company that offers long-distance moving services from Alabama to Oklahoma. They have been in business for over 30 years and have a reputation for providing reliable and affordable moving services.
Cheapest Way To Move From Alabama To Oklahoma
There are several options to consider when moving from Alabama to Oklahoma. Here are some of the cheapest ways to move:
- Renting a moving truck: Renting a moving truck is often the cheapest way to move, especially if you’re willing to do the packing and loading yourself. You can compare prices from different truck rental companies and choose the one that fits your budget. Keep in mind that the cost will depend on the size of the truck, the distance, and the time of year.
- Using a portable storage container: Another option is to use a portable storage container. You pack your belongings into the container, and then the company picks it up and delivers it to your new home. This option can be more convenient than renting a truck, but it may be slightly more expensive.
- Hiring a moving labor company: If you need help with loading and unloading your belongings, you can hire a moving labor company. They provide the labor but not the truck, so you’ll need to rent a truck separately. This option can be more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Shipping your belongings: If you don’t have a lot of furniture or other large items to move, you may be able to ship your belongings through a freight company. This option can be cheaper than renting a truck, but it may take longer for your items to arrive.
When comparing prices, make sure to factor in the cost of gas, insurance, and any additional fees or services that may be required. You may also want to consider the time and effort required for each option, as well as the level of risk involved.
How To Move To Oklahoma On A Budget
How Long Does It Take To Move From Alabama To Oklahoma
The time it takes to move from Alabama to Oklahoma depends on various factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the amount of belongings you are moving, and the mode of transportation.
Assuming you are moving the typical household items and using a moving truck, it can take anywhere from 1-3 days to travel the approximately 700-900 miles between Alabama and Oklahoma, depending on traffic, weather, and other factors. If you are moving a smaller load or using a faster mode of transportation, such as a plane, the time could be shorter.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?
Comments are closed.