Here are some steps to help you plan your move from Alabama to Ohio:
- Research the cost of living: Before moving to Ohio, you should research the cost of living in the state. Ohio is generally considered to have a lower cost of living compared to many other states, but this can vary depending on the specific area you plan to move to.
- Find a job: If you don’t already have a job lined up in Ohio, you’ll want to start searching for one as soon as possible. Ohio has a diverse economy with job opportunities in a variety of industries, so be sure to explore your options.
- Choose a city: Ohio has many great cities to choose from, including Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincinnati. Think about what you’re looking for in a city, such as good schools, cultural attractions, and outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Find a place to live: Once you’ve chosen a city, you’ll need to find a place to live. Consider renting an apartment or house until you get settled in the area.
- Hire a moving company: If you have a lot of belongings to move, it may be a good idea to hire a moving company to help you. Be sure to get quotes from several companies and read reviews before choosing one.
- Transfer utilities: Make sure to transfer your utilities, such as electricity and water, to your new home before you move in.
- Update your address: Don’t forget to update your address with your bank, credit card companies, and other important contacts.
- Pack and move: Finally, it’s time to pack up your belongings and make the move to Ohio. Make a checklist of everything you need to do before you leave, such as cancelling subscriptions and services in Alabama and setting up new ones in Ohio.
Average Cost Of Moving From Alabama To Ohio
The cost of moving from Alabama to Ohio depends on several factors, including the distance between the two states, the amount of belongings you have, the type of moving service you choose, and the time of year. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere between $2,500 to $5,500 for a long-distance move from Alabama to Ohio.
For a more accurate estimate, it is best to contact several moving companies and get quotes based on your specific needs. Factors that can affect the cost of your move include the weight of your belongings, the distance between your current and new home, any additional services you require, and the time of year you are moving.
Movers From Alabama To Ohio
There are several moving companies that offer services from Alabama to Ohio. Some of them are:
- Mayflower: They offer customizable moving solutions and have been in business for over 90 years. They have agents all over the country, including in Alabama and Ohio.
- Allied Van Lines: With over 90 years of experience in the moving industry, Allied Van Lines offers full-service moving solutions from Alabama to Ohio. They also provide packing and unpacking services, as well as storage options.
- North American Van Lines: This moving company has been in business for over 85 years and offers a wide range of moving services from Alabama to Ohio, including packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking.
- United Van Lines: They offer both long-distance and local moving services and have agents in both Alabama and Ohio. They have been in business for over 90 years and have a reputation for providing reliable and efficient moving services.
- Two Men and a Truck: This moving company specializes in local and long-distance moves, and they have locations throughout Alabama and Ohio. They offer packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking services, as well as storage solutions.
Cheapest Way To Move From Alabama To Ohio
The cheapest way to move from Alabama to Ohio will depend on a variety of factors, including the distance between the two states, the amount of belongings you need to move, and your timeline. Here are some options you may consider:
- Rent a moving truck: One of the cheapest ways to move from Alabama to Ohio is to rent a moving truck and do the move yourself. This can be a good option if you have a relatively small amount of belongings and are willing to do the driving yourself. You can compare rental truck prices from companies such as U-Haul, Penske, and Budget Truck Rental to find the best deal.
- Hire a moving container company: Another option is to hire a moving container company such as PODS, U-Pack, or 1-800-PACK-RAT. These companies will drop off a portable storage container at your home, which you can then load at your own pace. They will then transport the container to your new home in Ohio.
- Hire a moving company: If you have a larger amount of belongings or prefer not to do the heavy lifting yourself, you may want to consider hiring a moving company. You can get quotes from several companies and compare prices to find the best deal. Some companies to consider include Allied Van Lines, North American Van Lines, and Mayflower.
- Ship your belongings: If you only have a few items to move, you may be able to save money by shipping them instead of hiring a moving company. You can compare shipping rates from companies such as UPS, FedEx, and the United States Postal Service to find the cheapest option.
No matter which option you choose, be sure to plan ahead and compare prices to find the best deal.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Alabama To Ohio
The time it takes to move from Alabama to Ohio can vary depending on several factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the mode of transportation, the size of your shipment, and the specific route taken by your movers.
The driving distance between Birmingham, Alabama, and Columbus, Ohio, is approximately 660 miles, which could take around 10 hours of driving time without any stops. However, this time estimate may increase or decrease depending on traffic conditions, weather, and other factors.
If you choose to use a moving company, the transit time will depend on the specific moving company’s schedule, the mode of transportation they use, and the type of service you choose. Generally, a long-distance move can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the distance and other factors.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?