If you’re moving from Alabama to Iowa, there are a few things you should consider to make your move go as smoothly as possible:
- Plan your move in advance: Start planning your move as early as possible to ensure that you have enough time to pack, hire a moving company, and make any necessary arrangements.
- Choose a reliable moving company: Make sure to do your research and find a reputable moving company that can handle your move from Alabama to Iowa.
- Pack carefully: Properly pack your belongings, label boxes, and make sure to pack fragile items securely to avoid damage during transport.
- Update your address: Make sure to update your address with the post office, banks, credit card companies, and any other important contacts.
- Prepare for the weather: Iowa can experience harsh winters, so make sure to prepare for the weather by packing warm clothing and other necessary items.
- Explore your new area: Take some time to explore your new area and get to know your new community, including local attractions, restaurants, and other amenities.
Average Cost Of Moving From Alabama To Iowa
The cost of moving from Alabama to Iowa will depend on several factors such as the distance, the amount of stuff you have, the time of the year, and the moving company you choose. However, to give you a rough estimate, a 3-bedroom house move from Alabama to Iowa can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $8,000 or more. This estimate includes the cost of packing, loading, transportation, unloading, and unpacking of your belongings. It is important to get quotes from different moving companies and compare their services and prices to get the best deal.
Movers From Alabama To Iowa
There are many moving companies that offer services from Alabama to Iowa. Here are a few to consider:
- North American Van Lines: North American Van Lines is a highly rated moving company with over 80 years of experience in the industry. They offer a variety of moving services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage options. They also have a great reputation for providing excellent customer service.
- Allied Van Lines: Allied Van Lines is another reputable moving company with a long history of providing reliable moving services. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage options. They also have a great reputation for providing excellent customer service.
- U-Pack: U-Pack is a popular option for long-distance moves. They offer a unique moving option where you pack and load your belongings into a moving container, and then they transport it to your destination. This can be a more affordable option for those on a budget.
- Mayflower: Mayflower is a well-known moving company with over 90 years of experience in the industry. They offer a range of moving services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage options. They also have a great reputation for providing excellent customer service.
- United Van Lines: United Van Lines is another highly rated moving company with a long history of providing reliable moving services. They offer a range of services, including packing, loading, and unloading, as well as storage options. They also have a great reputation for providing excellent customer service.
Cheapest Way To Move From Alabama To Iowa
The cheapest way to move from Alabama to Iowa will depend on the amount of belongings you have, the distance to your destination, and your preferred method of transportation. Here are some options to consider:
- Rent a moving truck: Renting a moving truck is a popular and cost-effective way to move your belongings across state lines. You can rent a truck from companies like U-Haul, Penske, or Budget and drive it yourself to Iowa.
- Hire a moving container: Another option is to use a moving container service like PODS, U-Pack, or SMARTBOX. They will drop off a container at your Alabama home, you pack it yourself, and they will transport it to your new Iowa address.
- Ship your belongings: You can also ship your belongings using a freight company like ABF Freight, Estes Express Lines, or Old Dominion Freight Line. They will transport your belongings in a trailer, which is typically more affordable than hiring a full-service moving company.
- Hire a full-service moving company: If you don’t want to do the heavy lifting yourself, you can hire a full-service moving company to pack, load, and transport your belongings to Iowa. However, this option is typically the most expensive.
- Sell or donate belongings: If you have a minimal amount of belongings or want to start fresh in Iowa, consider selling or donating your belongings and purchasing new items when you arrive. This option will save you money on transportation costs.
How Long Does It Take To Move From Alabama To Iowa
The travel time to move from Alabama to Iowa will depend on several factors, such as the distance between the two locations, the mode of transportation, and the route taken.
Driving is the most common mode of transportation for moving, and the distance between Alabama and Iowa is around 800-900 miles, depending on the starting and ending points. If you were to drive non-stop, it would take around 12-14 hours. However, most people will need to make stops for meals, fuel, and rest breaks, which can add several hours to the trip.
If you plan to use a moving company or rental truck, it will likely take longer due to the time it takes to pack, load, and unload your belongings. The exact time will depend on the size of your move, the number of belongings you have, and the distance between the two locations.
If you plan to fly, the travel time will depend on the availability of direct flights and layover times. Direct flights from Alabama to Iowa are not common, so most flights will require a layover, which can add several hours to the trip.
Overall, the travel time to move from Alabama to Iowa will likely be between 1-3 days, depending on the mode of transportation and the specific details of your move.
Trust Us, Moving To Another State Is Not As Scary As It Sounds
We’ll take care of the heavy lifting (literally), so you can focus on the exciting part – exploring your new home!
Our team of experts will make sure your belongings are transported safely and securely, without any unexpected detours.
Plus, we’ll even help you unpack and set up your new space, so you can start making memories in your new home right away. So why stress about the move when you can sit back, relax, and let us handle everything?