The cost of moving across the country can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the distance of the move, the size of your household, and the services you require. On average, moving companies charge around $2,000 to $5,000 for a cross-country move, however, it could be more or less.
Here are some factors that can affect the cost of a cross-country move:
- Distance: The further the distance, the more expensive the move will be.
- Size of household: The more belongings you have, the more expensive the move will be.
- Services required: Full-service moves, where the company packs and loads your belongings, will be more expensive than a self-pack move.
- Season: Moving during peak season (May through September) will be more expensive than moving during the off-season.
- Insurance: It is recommended to purchase insurance for your belongings during the move, which will add to the cost.
- Additional services: Services such as storage and moving heavy items like pianos and pool tables will add to the cost of the move.
It is important to get quotes from different moving companies and compare the services and costs they offer. It’s also recommended to research and check the reputation of the moving company and always read the contract and its terms before signing it.