The cheapest way to move across country will depend on your specific circumstances and needs. However, here are a few options that may help you save money:
- Drive yourself: If you own a car and are comfortable driving long distances, you can drive your car and a rental truck or trailer across country. This can be a cost-effective option, but it will require more planning and effort on your part.
- Ship your belongings: Shipping your belongings separately can be a more cost-effective option than hiring a full-service moving company. However, it may take longer for your belongings to arrive and you will have to do the packing and loading yourself.
- Find a budget-friendly moving company: Look for moving companies that offer budget-friendly options, such as self-packing, loading and unloading, or a la carte services.
- Rent a moving container: Some companies offer moving container rental services, which are a cheaper alternative to hiring a moving truck. You can load and unload the container yourself, and the company will transport it to your new home.
- Consider a virtual move: A virtual move is a service where you ship a box of your belongings to your destination, and the company will photograph and inventory the items, allowing you to unpack and organize your belongings as if you were there.
- Move during off-peak season: Moving during the off-peak season (fall, winter) may be cheaper than moving during the peak season (spring, summer)
Regardless of the option you choose, it’s always good to compare prices from different companies and service providers, and read customer reviews before making a decision.
Comments are closed.